6. Talking stage

I head back out with his neatly folded jacket, I'm now in my light pink pyjamas. He collects his jacket with a soft smile. 

"Camila said you're willing to press charges. That's nice," he says.

I nod, "I supposed it's for the best, if I don't do anything he'll probably repeat the action with another woman and she might not be so lucky."

"What are you waiting for? Let's head to the station then," Camila says.

I turn to look at Damien. "I'm free right now." He shrugs.

I groan, "okay I'll go hit the shower."

"Don't scrub too hard, we want those bruises looking fresh!" Camila cries as I head towards the shower, I chortle at her words.

Standing bare in the bathroom, I examine my body in front of the mirror. I have a bruise on my hip, one under my rib cage, and marks from the slap. There are also marks on my shoulders from his nails digging into my flesh. I shudder when some flashbacks from last night replay in my mind. Taking a deep breath, I stand under the shower and turn it on.

Allowing the water to wash all the filth away. 

I dry myself with a towel and walk to my closet to look for an outfit. I end up settling for a white crop top, high-waist jeans and sneakers. I'd slap one of my jackets on top to cover the bruise on my stomach.

By the time I step out, I find Damien still seated on the couch. "Hey, sorry for all the trouble-"

"It's fine," he says, interjecting me.

I push loose strands of my hair back and take my seat, waiting in awkward silence for Camila to come out.

Finally her room door clicks. "Okay, I have arrived, let's go," she announces. We all head out.

                            *🍃🍾🚬*

The police officer in charge had filed an assault report and an attempted rape report for me. A nice lady took pictures of my bruises as evidence and they got my statement, Damien's statement and Camila's where she confirmed Damien bringing me home.

Apparently, Damien is friends with the groom so he attended the party. He was looking for his friend when he stumbled across the room, he tried to open it but it was locked. And just as he was about to leave he heard the noise from the other side and my calls for help. He used a fire extinguisher to break down the door and that was what saved me.

When we were done at the police station, Camila suggested that we should go grab a bite. Which of course I was down for since I hadn't eaten anything yet.

Then she suddenly had an emergency and bailed on us, now I was at the food truck Camila and I frequent, with Damien.

                              *🍃🍾🚬*
Camila's POV

I lied.

I close the door behind me and decide to go watch some crime documentaries on Netflix.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. I groan and stomp towards the door. How could they be back so soon? How boring could they possibly get?

I open the door.

Jax?

"What are you doing here?" I question.

"I wanna speak to Ingrid," he says. 

I roll my eyes, "first off Ingrid is not interested in seeing you, secondly, she's on a date. I suggest you do the same, move the fuck on Jax. Oh, and quit blackmailing her, her father has a heart condition that is not the kind of information you should be dropping on them."

I take in a deep breath, feeling like I just gave him a lecture.

"I believe her parents deserve to know the truth about their daughter," he says with a smirk planted on his face.

"Even if you tell her parents, she'll only resent you more, You will never get her back, so go fuck yourself Jax!" I yell, slamming the door shut in his face.

                             *🍃🍾🚬*

I take a big bite of my burger, almost moaning at how delicious it tastes. I guess food hits differently when you're starving.

Damien watches me in amusement as I rush my burger.

"So, do you normally go to Angels?" I say out of the blue, in my attempt to start some small talk.

One soda gulp later he responds, "not really, but Joe wanted to celebrate something that night so he took me with him to the strip club. Joe's the guy that paid you for a..." He trails off, probably finding the trajectory of our discourse uncomfortable.

"It's okay, I know the kind of work I do anyway," I say with a shrug, my mouth filled. We continue to eat in silence. Even though I am itching to start a conversation.

"Are you friends with Brad?" I ask.

Wow, real smooth. You're asking if he's friends with a rapist.

"Well, he's friends with Danny, but I never really liked him. He talked too much, was overbearing and annoying and now, he's a rapist... So no."

A part of me feels relieved that they aren't friends. "Cool," I mutter, dusting the crumbs off me. We continue to eat in relative silence until my eyes flit towards a shopping mall. I watch as children drag their parents towards the arcade.

Nostalgia flashes with me, I remember when my brother and I used to do this. "You wanna go?" His voice snaps me back into reality. I clean off the excess mustard from the corner of my lips with my finger then tilt my head to look at him.

"To the arcade? No, I'm not a child Damien," I lie through my teeth.

"We should do this sometime again," he said smiling.

"What? Go to a police station then eat at a food truck?" I ask.

He chuckles, "hang out, maybe go on a date." I choke on my Dr pepper and begin tapping my chest to soothe myself.

He rushes behind me and rubs circles on my back. Soon I start to breathe normally.

"Damn, if you didn't want to go out with me you could've just said no."

I laugh, "no my drink just entered the whole hole, sure I'd like to go out sometime."

We spend the next few minutes talking about whether or not lettuce deserves to be in burgers before he offers to pay, and then, he drives me home.

Authors note

Hey, please don't forget to vote for this chapter and any chapter you haven't voted for, it'd really mean a lot💙 sorry about the slow updates, school work is interfering with my writing, but I promise to be more consistent with updates.

Again, please don't forget to vote and comment.

Anticipate more chapters ✨, also if you're a fan of fantasy, you can check out my complete fantasy novel titled minister of magic, it's on my profile.