Chapter 24: I'll wait for you

Annabeth

We charged. Us and the gods surprisingly worked well together. I slashed at Percy and he parried the attack. Me and Poseidon made the hoped to be final blow. We stabbed Gaea right through the heart knife and trident. Percy fell to the floor and glowed orange. His eyes were changing from green to red and back to green them red again. He looked like Christmas. He started to scream in pain as the color drain from his face and blood starts to pour out of his wound. The cavern shook.

"Way to go ms. Chase" Gaea said sounding like she just woke up in the morning "you just killed the greatest hero since Hercules"

I looked at piper. "Shut up Gaea. Leave us alone and go to sleep and never ever wake up again until the world ends." She said she sounded so confident and powerful.

I remembered Percy. Who was dying on the floor. I went next to him. "Seaweed Brain" I said

"What" he responded thankfully

"You saved the world." I said

"No" he said "we all saved the world." He coached up some blood I looked at Apollo. "Sorry Annabeth " Apollo said "I can't do anything"

"I love you wise girl" he said

"No. Your not dying on me." I yelled I put pressure on his wound and hoped to stop the bleeding. "Gaeas gone" I said he nodded. I finally realized something. Love is a battlefield.

"Percy. How do you feel" I asked he laughed a little.

"I feel. I feel infinite. Get the others." Percy said

I waved over the others. Hazel looked to be balling her eyes out hugging frank. Frank was crying along with Jason and Leo. Nico had tears streaming down his cheeks with Piper.

"Hey Perce" hazel said through tears

"Hey" he said "you all did great" he said as blood continued to pour from the wound. "It was an honor to fight next to you guys"

They all took turns hugging him but when it was Jason's turn and they were about to let go Percy pulled him forwards and whispered "keep Annabeth safe for me. Promise me"

"I promise Perce" Jason said everyone backed up and gave me and Percy space. Tearing were streaming down my face. "Don't leave me" I whispered

"I'll wait for you Esylum." Percy said

"Ok." I said

"Don't go do something I would do to get yourself killed." He said and I laughed a little.

"I love you Wise Girl" Percy said

"I love you Seaweed Brain. I'll looked after your mom for you."

"Thanks" he tried to pulled up to kiss me but I ended up going on top of him. I got a lot of his blood on my Camp Half Blood shirt but I decided then never to wash it. We kissed. Sparks flew. When we released I was out of breathe And he was dying. I swore to my self to never love anyone again the same way I loved Percy.

"I love you" Percy whispered

Then Percy's heart stopped breathing.