Chapter 8

"... So, you're telling me..."

"That you're trying to sell textiles that are normally available in the South of the capital city, but currently the Dulac company can't handle such long distances transportation, so you want the Lombardi's to take charge of it instead...?" Clerivan said after they explained to him. "Yes, precisely." The man said with smile.

Clerivan stare at him before continued to talked. "And you're planning to borrowing the money needed for the textiles from the Lombardi bank?" Clerivan asked.

"Yes, if possible, I'd like to request a large sum of money, too." The man brazenly said to him. "Huh..." Clerivan slowly said in anger.

"What more is there to discuss? Isn't this truly an amazing deal, Father?" Viese happily said to his father.

"Oh, you won't need to worry about me repaying you. I, Croiten Angenas, owner of the Dulac Company, swear upon the name of my family to uphold my end of the bargain." Croiten said while laughing.

"Angenas... You may hail from the Empress's family but you can only be so arrogant. Who would dare to charge you additional fees like a creditor, unless they were trying to antagonize the Imperial family? In the end, they're leaving the works and the expenses to the Lombardi, while they reap the benefits." Clerivan thought in his head. He was irritated by it.

Clerivan glanced at Rulac in silence. "In that case, if their business fails, the Lombardi will have to take full responsibility for the resulting aftermath. There is no way Lord Rulac would take on such a pathetic deal!" Clerivan thought.

"... I will be leaving this in your hands, Viese. Go ahead with it, and ensure that you make no mistake." Rulac said make Clerivan surprised. "My Lord!" Clerivan said in shock.

"Yes! You can trust me, Father! Sir Croiten, please come this way!" Viese happily said after Rulac give permission at him.

"Now, now. We can discuss the details in my sitting room..." Viese said while walking away together with Croiten. "What is going on...!" Clerivan thought.

"H-Hold on a second!" Clerivan suddenly stopped them make they freeze.

"Let us inspect the goods before anything else. There is a proper produce that must be followed for any business deal. We cannot bargain without knowing exactly what goods we're dealing with." Clerivan said.

"Huh...?" Croiten said in disbelief. "Oh... He's just one of our servants. Don't pay him any attention, Sir Croiten." Viese quickly said. He turned at Clerivan in anger.

"And you! You're only in charge of taking care of the kids! How dare you try to interfere in our business? Beat it!" Viese angrily said.

"... If this deal goes well, the Angenas family will be indebted to me. I don't care how much money it'll cost me, since wealth will naturally come to me as long as I accumulated enough power." Viese thought while gulped his saliva in fear.

"Their debt will soon become a golden lifeline that'll allow me to get one step closer to the power of the Imperial family...!" Viese thought.

"Inspecting the goods..." Rulac slowly said while thought about what Clerivan is saying. He glanced at them.

"... I don't think it would be too much to ask. What do you think, Sir Croiten?" Rulac asked them. "F-Father..." Viese twitched when he asked that.

"... We can do that. There are a few textiles samples I left in the warehouse in the capital, so I'll stop by next time with those in hand." Croiten said make Viese turned at him in surprise. "Sir Croiten...!" Viese slowly said.