Chapter 18

"Okay! That's it for today's class."

"And... There's an assignment for today." Clerivan said to the children. "Ughhhhh~" Mayron and Gillou whined loudly. "Hahaha, it's not that difficult. Of course, it won't be very easy too, it depends on person..." Clerivan chuckled at them.

"Doesn't this sound like hot ice tea?" Florentia thought in confusion. "Huh... I don't believe you." Azalea thought from beside.

"You have time until the next class. What's 'The most valuable property to a merchant'? Think of the answer of these question." Clerivan said to them.

"Isn't that obviously 'money'?" Gillou said while holding hand in the air. "Then, that will be the answer for Gillou." Clerivan said to him.

"Well, let's discuss more about it in the next class."

Florentia and Azalea straighten their cushions after using them when the class end. "Tia~ Lea~ Aren't you leaving?" Mayron asked the girls. "Wait a minute, I'm going to strengthen my cushions." Florentia said.

"Come on, leave that to the servant." Gillou said to them. "Yeah, why are you two doing it?" Mayron said. "These brats, that's because of my previous life wasn't as good." Azalea thought while smiling at them along with Florentia.

Florentia suddenly realized about something. "... Huh? Come to think of it, Bellesac isn't here today?" Florentia said as Azalea turned at her. "Oh, you're right, Tia. The class was more peaceful today." Azalea said to her.

"Bellesac followed Father to a meeting." Someone suddenly said behind Azalea make she jumped. "Oh, Lorraine! You scared me!" Azalea said to her.

"I'm sorry to make you surprised, Azalea." Lorraine smiled while holding the doll closer. Azalea and Florentia stare at her beauty with a smile. "... You're really pretty today too, Lorraine." Azalea thought.

"Hi, Lorraine!" Florentia greet her. "Hello, Florentia." Lorraine greet back. She turned at Azalea and leaned closer to her make she confused. "There you go, Azalea." Lorraine said to her.

"Azalea... What is you're favorite color?" Lorraine suddenly asked her. "Yes? Um..." Azalea tried to think something.

"... Purple, I think?" Azalea said to her. "I see, thank you. See you again next time. You too, Florentia." Lorraine beamed when Azalea answered her. "Bye, Lorraine." Florentia waved at her. "Bye...?" Azalea waved at her in confusion.

"What is it? Why did she suddenly ask about it?" Azalea thought in confusion. "I see, Lea likes purple." Mayron said from beside. "Purple, oh, purple~" Gillou said while playing with her hair. Florentia smiled at her but Azalea become more confused.

"They said that." Azalea said while playing with her crayon. After the class, Azalea and Florentia hanging out with their father at his room.

"Why are they suddenly said that?" Azalea become gloomy. "It's because they want to buy you present." Florentia said while holding a book. "That's right, Dear." Gallahan said smiling at them.

"Present? For what?" Azalea said in confusion. "Lea, don't tell me that you're forgetting about your own birthday." Florentia said while glaring at her. Azalea gasped loudly when she suddenly realized about it. Gallahan chuckled at them.

"It's your birthday soon, Lea. I was about to ask Father about it. What do you want for your birthday?" Gallahan said to her. "Ah... Hahaha..." Azalea slowly laughed.

"My seven birthday is few weeks away now... I've been so busy lately and forget about it." Azalea thought.

"... I want a new crayon! Also coloring books for me!" Azalea childishly said to him. "Really? Only that?" Gallahan smiled at her cuteness. "Azalea really like coloring books. All of her room was filled with it. I guess I should buy it for her later." Florentia thought and smiled at her.

"But honestly, I want something like my own personal room. So, that I can work comfortably but then again, I'm just a child. I need to keep my childish image." Azalea thought as she smiled at them.

"Okay! How about a horse?" Gallahan happily suggested to her. Azalea and Florentia looked at him in surprise when he said that. "A what?" Azalea slowly said. "H... Orse?" Florentia said.

"Yes! I'll get a young one year old male horse. It will get attached to you if you keep and play with it. By the time, you become an adult, you'll have a very good horse." Gallahan happily said to them.

"... Well, it's not too bad that Dad buy me a horse. I can take care of it until I become an adult. Then, I will run away with it." Azalea thought while Gallahan still fantasized about it. Florentia just stare at him with shadow cast over her face. Maybe it's because of her trauma about past.

"Then, you can go for a horse riding side by side with Dad. Oh, I should get one for Tia too. Then, we will become riding together. My daughters is going to look great riding the horse." Gallahan happily said while imagine about it.

"Yeah, I'm going to ask for it now!" Gallahan said as he stand up. Azalea just want to let him be since she also can benefit herself with the horse later but Florentia quickly grabbed his sleeve.

"Hey, Dad... Thank you but I don't think I need it. Just give it to Lea only." Florentia said to him. "Why not, Dear? It'll be great if you also have horse like her." Gallahan said to her.

"But... Wouldn't it be too pitiful for the young horse?" Florentia said to him. "Pitiful?" Gallahan said in confusion.

"It has not been long since he was born and yet he will need to leave to leave his mom. I would be sad if I were the horse." Florentia said in sadness. "Huh... She didn't want it but it will make Dad buy it more, Tia." Azalea thought from beside.

"After all, Dad is still Lombardi."

"Tia... I'm sorry that I didn't think about this properly. Let's bring the mother horse with us too." Gallahan said while hugging Florentia closer. When he said that, Florentia was surprised. "Told ya." Azalea thought.

"Like you said, it's cruel to separate the young horse from it's mother. So, let's buy the horse's mother too! Won't they be happy together without being apart? What do you think, Lea?" Gallahan said as he turned at Azalea. "I agree with you! Let's buy it!" Azalea happily said to him.

Florentia give up to persuade him and just agreed with it. "Yeah, let's do that." Florentia slowly said. "How can Tia be so kind-hearted?" Gallahan smiled at her. Florentia nervously laughed.

"Then, the gift had been decided. Tia, Lea." Gallahan called for them make they looked at him. "Don't be alone today. Why don't you two go out with Dad?" Gallahan smiled at them.

"I wonder if we were going for a picnic..." Azalea thought as she sipping the tea. Florentia listened to Gallahan and Rulac's discussion from beside while Azalea thinking about what they're talking about.

"It came out softer and lighter than I thought. It's easy to dye, and it's breathable. The demand for it is expected to increase in summer." Gallahan said while showing the cloth to Rulac. "But it's still months away until summer." Rulac said to him.

Azalea stare at the cloth on the table before take it. "... Soft... If I sell it, it'll be popular." Azalea thought while humming. She immediately know that the business that Gallahan take will become popular in instant.

"For now, it would probably be best to look at the reactions of the aristocrats at the shopping district. The quality is good. So, I'm sure we will be able to receive good feedback if we wait." Gallahan said while looking at his paperwork. "Is that so? I guess we have to wait and see." Rulac said to him.

Azalea's head snapped at them when he said that. "What? No! Why are you wasting your time waiting for the feedback for such a good product?!" Azalea thought. Florentia also thought about the same thing.

"The collaboration between Lombardi and Angenas is enough to makes headlines. Anyone that's quick on getting information will pay attention to this business." Azalea thought.

"All we need right now is... The opportunity to bring people into contact with the good itself. But how?" Azalea thought as she play with the cloth. Her eyes suddenly drafted at the hot teacup on the table. Her mouth start to smiled when she suddenly get the idea.

"That's it!"