Chapter 9

I was back at Catlynn and Red's house. Yay! I got to see my brother and sister again, and all my aunts and uncles, and Nana! 

Red told me that her and Catlynn didn't want me going to school for a bit. They didn't want me to see Daddy anymore. I'm happy that they didn't want me to see Daddy anymore, because I now know Daddy was mean. Well, most adults were mean, but Catlynn and Red weren't. That's what I liked about them.

"Good morning, Veira." Red said, holding my brother in her arms. "I'm gonna be home with you and your siblings today, doesn't that sound fun?"

"Yeah! Does Catlynn have work?" I asked.

"She does, she's gonna leave after we have breakfast." Red said. "She hasn't been to work in a while so go easy on her, okay?"

"Okay Red!" I said, skipping to my closet to get dressed. Catlynn and Red had bought me a lot of clothes, and toys, and books! And my aunts and uncles got me stuff too. I was happy here, I really was. I mean, I thought I was happy with Mommy and Daddy, but was that real happiness?

I noticed that Catlynn had left out a pretty pink dress for me and I was about to get changed when I heard Red talking.

"Kit, please. Take one more day off for your own sake. Your boss will not care, and if he gives you shit, he'll have to deal with me." 

"First, language, we have three young children. And speaking of our three young children, you do realize that you're a stay at home mom? I'm the one that pays the bills in this house, I need to make enough money to support them."

"Kit. Listen to me. I can find a job somewhere. This is New York, and I have a teaching degree, I'm sure a school somewhere will hire me. You work way too hard, Kit, and I'm saying this because I love you. You literally ran away when Ollie fell in that coma and I didn't know where you were for three days until Elle called me and begged me to check up on you." 

Catlynn ran away? Because of me?

This was all my fault, wasn't it? 

I quickly put on my dress and ran out of my bedroom to find Catlynn and Red. I needed to talk to them.

"Catlynn? Red?" I said. Catlynn smiled and picked me up. "Hey Veira. How are you?"

"Good. I'm sorry." I said.

"Sorry?" Red asked. "Ollie, what are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry for making Catlynn sad. Catlynn shouldn't be sad, Catlynn's nice." I said.

Catlynn and Red made confused faces for a second, then they both hugged me. That was a little random.

"Oh, Ollie baby, that wasn't your fault. I was just stressed, it had nothing to do with you." Catlynn said. I started crying and Red hugged me tighter.

"It wasn't your fault, Oliveira. I promise you." Red said, kissing my forehead. "Your mama just wasn't feeling well and did what was best for her."

I nodded and hugged Catlynn and Red. "I'm still sorry."

"It's okay, Ollie, it's okay." Red said, slightly looking at Catlynn when she said that.

Catlynn sighed and put me down on the ground. "I gotta go. Red, baby, I love you, I'll see you when I get home." Catlynn hugged Red and kissed her. Gross.

Then Catlynn hugged me and said, "Bye bye Veira, I'll be home in a little bit, okay? You go have fun with Red and your siblings."

"Okay!" I said, giggling. She left and went to say goodbye to Eleanor and Levi, and then headed off to work.

I was happy here. I liked it here. I was home. 

AN: Long time, no update! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!