Walk #34

Savannah Underwood.

"I just want answers, mom." I said to her while she typed some stuff up on her computer. It was almost like she was avoiding the question.

"I haven't seen you in almost two months, Savannah. Can't we just sit down and catch up on things?" She asked looking at me. I sat down next to her and nodded my head.

"Yeah. We can catch up some untold stories about you and my biological dad." She sighed.

"It's not my place to talk about this."

"What? What do you mean? You're my mother!"

"I just don't want to talk about that. It was almost two decades ago and I haven't talked about it since so let's leave it that way please."

"I need to know."

"I'll tell you when you're older." My mother said shrugging.

"I'm almost 19 years old. I think I'm old enough to know."

"What do you wanna know so bad?" She asked.

"She had this weird dream about some girl-" Chris started coming out of nowhere.

"His ex girlfriend!" I yelled. He smacked his teeth and smirked at me before finishing what he had to stay.

"She had a dream about some girl being her half sister or something. Her dad told her and so did you in the dream so she thinks it means something. But it doesn't cause it was just a dream so please, tell her it doesn't mean anything."

"You had a dream about that?" She asked looking at Chris then me. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I did. And I'm not freaking out about it for nothing! I know there's something behind it and now you know I'm right. Now just tell me!"

"Savannah, you're so fucking paranoid." Chris yelled at me. My mother gasped.

"No I'm not."

"Yes the fuck you are. Like, damn." He said sighing in frustration. I got up and walked over to him.

"Don't take your anger out on me just because you and yo girl got into some shit." I said looking at him.

"I'm not gonna tell yo ass again ... that bitch is not my girl. I don't like her and I don't want anything to do with her."

"Why, Chris?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Why? Because you see what she's doing to us? I don't want that shit. I don't want someone else ruining what we have. I'm just not having it."

I didn't say anything after that because I just didn't have anything to say. Maybe Chris and I were just looking to pick fights with each other especially me because he already made it clear that he doesn't like Kenzie, even if it's just for a moment. But for some reason, I feel like he's not giving me the whole story.

"I don't tolerate that language here and you two know that." My mom said looking at us sternly.

"Sorry." Chris said taking a deep breath.

"Now obviously you guys have something going on so why don't you just leave and work it out alone." She said putting her laptop on the coffee table and walking towards us, leading us to the door.

"Wait, you didn't tell me about you and my biological dad." I said looking at her.

"Savannah, I'd love to tell you all about it, but I can't. You father and his decisions is pretty much the reason why we separated before you were born in the first place. So maybe he should be the one to tell you what happened."