Walk #17

Savannah Underwood

"I've been thinking more than you know lately." Chris started. "And I've been thinking about you. You're astonishingly beautiful, you're so perfect to me. You're intelligent, funny, gentle. You're so many things to me. And sorry if I offended you but you were making me mad."

"Is that all you have to say?" I asked wiping my eyes.

"No, baby. I also wanted to let you know that I care about you. Like a lot. And these past six months we've been together really taught me something. Especially this past hour."

Before he said anything else, he took a real deep breath and looked at me. I could see it in his eyes that he was very nervous. His face started to turn as red as a rose, he licked his lips, and you could clearly see that sweat forming on his forehead.

"I .. adore you." He said awkwardly.

"You adore me?" I repeated. He shook his head in frustration and sighed. "Wait, you don't adore me?"

"No, no, no. I adore you. That just wasn't what I was trying to say."

"Savannah I .. I'm devoted to you. I mean, I have deep affection for you. A strong attachment. Are you catching on?" He asked looking at me while scratching the back of his neck. I thought about it for a second and then something popped into my head.

"I think I know what you're trying to say." I said. He smiled and sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness because that-"

"You're willing to have commitment now! I mean, I'm still learning but that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that learning new things in life. You're not afraid anymore! I'm so proud of you, baby!" I kissed his cheek in excitement and he gave me a blank look.

"Uh, right. I'm totally ready to be in a committed relationship with you, Savannah. What we have is officially exclusive and can't nobody come in between us." He said giving me a thumbs up and smiling sarcastically.

"That's not what you meant."

"No, it is."

"Then why was it so hard for you to tell me? That's a good thing, babe."

"Because you know how I felt about commitment. Somethings can just be hard to overcome. And today, I think I overcame the fear of actually being dedicated to someone. Just not in marriage, you know? Only relationship." I nodded my head.

"I get it, Chris. Marriage is way out of the question." I said.

"You know it is, Savannah." He said awkwardly smiling at me. After that things just got weird.

**

The next day, we went to school as usual. Nothing really happened until we went to lunch.

"Come here, baby." Chris said smiling at me and motioning for me to come sit on his lap. I happily did and pressed my lips against his.

"Y'all just don't stop." Tip said crossing his arms. I kind of laughed in between the kiss when I heard footsteps walk up to our table.

"If you don't stop now, that's a write up." I heard the councilor say in front of us. I pulled away and looked up to councilor of course, and a girl I never seen before.

"Chill. We don't even go out." Chris joked. I punched him in his arm and climbed off his lap.

"Anyway." I started. "What's up."

"Savannah, this is Taylor. She is new to the school and they reccomended a mentor so I chose you." Mrs. Jones said smiling. I gave her a confused look.