07

Bruce and Y/n we're at the door, afraid to open it. "I think I should be first to go up there," Y/n said from beside Bruce. Bruce shook his head. "It's too dangerous. I'll go first," he insisted. "Bruce, I have photographic memory," Y/n remarked. "I don't care. You're not going first." Y/n rolled her eyes. "Fine. What happens if he sees you though?"

"Well..I'll hold him off and you run as far as you can and get away," he said. "What?" Y/n asked. "What?" Bruce asked.

"Never mind. It's late anyway so he might not even be awake." Bruce nodded in agreement. Bruce slowly opened the door, the two going in hand-in-hand. Y/n followed after Bruce going up the steps. When they reached the door, Y/n gave Bruce's hand a tight squeeze.

"Be careful," Y/n whispered. He nodded, slowly opening the door. He looked around and saw the grabber sitting in the chair with his head down, Bruce assuming he's asleep. He happened to notice a combination lock on the front door.

After looking around, he slowly and quietly closed the door. "What did you see?" Y/n asked. Bruce took her hand and led her down the stairs. "Not much. I did see a combination lock on the door, but that was about it," he told her.

"Oh okay. Did you see him?" Y/n asked. Bruce nodded. "He was asleep," Bruce replied. Bruce opened the door to the basement and closed it after Y/n. They walked over to the bed and sat down. "Well we need to figure out that combination," Y/n looked over to Bruce. "Yeah," he ran a hand through his hair.

"Don't stress about it. We'll get out, okay?" Y/n encouraged him. She enveloped him in a hug, Bruce's head fitting perfectly in the crook of Y/n's neck. Y/n gently ran her fingers through Bruce's hair. "Okay," tears formed in his eyes, threatening to leave. Y/n kissed his forehead, running her hand in his hair.

"I haven't even got to ask you yet and I'm afraid I won't live to," he mumbled. "What we're you wanting to ask me?" Y/n shifted, Bruce still laying on her. "I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend."
Y/n's heart dropped. Her stomach churned as she repeated what he said in her head. "Y/n?" Bruce asked.

"I love you so much Bruce," Y/n told him. "Really?" He sat up. "Of course. I've loved you since we we're in 6th grade," she smiled at him. "And I loved you since 4th grade," he smiled back. "Oh, wow," Y/n said. "Well?" Bruce asked. "What?" Y/n asked. Bruce let out a sigh. "Would you want to be my girlfriend?" Bruce asked.

"Yes!" Y/n answered without hesitation. Bruce pulled her into a hug. "Okay, now we just need to get out," Y/n told him, pulling away. "Yeah."