10

Bruce and Y/n ran down the street, hand in hand, footsteps coming from behind them. "We're almost in town, just keep running!" Bruce told her. "Okay!" Y/n replied. Her legs started to get tired, but it didn't keep her from still running.

That was until she tripped over a rock, falling to her knees. Before she could get back up, she fell back down from a hand grabbing onto her leg, pulling her towards them. "Bruce!" Y/n called out. Her jeans, scrapped onto the rocky concrete.

Y/n tried her best to wiggled out of his hold. The grabbed grabbed his pocket knife, cutting the back of her calf. "Ow!" Y/n yelped.

"No!" Bruce yelled. He ran towards her. The grabber picked her up by the waist, and threw her in the back of the van.

Bruce rewatched the grabber, and tried to push him to the ground. The Grabber had enough, pulling out the pocket knife he had and cut his wrist. Bruce yelled out in pain.

Y/n could hear him from inside, tears prickling in her eyes of the sound of Bruce getting hurt and the stinging sensation in her calf. Y/n saw the doors to the back open, Bruce getting pushed into the van.

The doors slammed shut, the noise of the van starting up.

Bruce groaned in pain, as he held his wrist. "Where is it? Where's the cut?" Bruce immediately asked her. "The back of my calf," Y/n replied. The tears fell onto her cheeks, the pain taking over her body.

Bruce pulled her onto him, wrapping his arms around her in a hug. He was ashamed of himself for not being able to protect her and for the two to escape. He kissed her cheek, and moved out the strands of hair from her face.

Y/n got a glimpse of his wrist, seeing an opened gash, his wrist. "Oh my gosh your wrist," Y/n said. She gently grabbed above the wound, and examined it. "I know, don't worry about it though. I just need to worry about you getting out safe," he told her.

"And you," she corrected. "Y/n, you need to realize that if I need to sacrifice or use myself as a distraction to get you out safe, then I will," he grabbed onto her hands. "No you won't," Y/n said. "I'll make sure of it. Me and you will get out. Together."

"Remember the promise we made?" Y/n moved some of the sweaty strands from his face. He nodded as she brushed away the dust and dirt from his face. "You're going to keep it, okay?" She told him. He nodded, pecking her lips. "I love you Y/n. So much," he smiled at her.

"Then if you love me you'll keep your promise of me and you getting out together," she looked at him. "I know. I just didn't want to get you hurt and look at where we're at now," he said. "Please, just keep the promise. Okay?" She asked him. "I'll keep it," he told her. "Good," she kissed his cheek.

The van came into a stop, they both heard the front door of the van open and closed. They both sighed and looked at each other. The only chance they have now is the combination lock. And it won't be easy either.