08

Y/n and Bruce stood around the phone as it continued to ring. "How is this possible?" Bruce asked. "I have no idea."

"Do we pick it up?" Bruce asked. "I don't know. What if it's a trap or something?" Bruce nodded. "It probably is. I'll pick it up in case it is one so you don't get hurt," he told you. Y/n couldn't help but smile at him for being considerate. "Okay," she agreed.

She grabbed ahold of his hand for encouragement, and he gently picked up the phone. "Hello?" He put the phone to his ear, waiting for a response. But in return, all he got was static. "Hello?" Bruce repeated.

Y/n gave his hand a squeeze. "Don't go upstairs," a voice said, making Bruce jump. "We already did," Bruce replied. "Who are you?" Bruce asked. "I don't remember." Bruce looked at Y/n, her shrugging. "Did you play soccer? Football?" Bruce asked. "I delivered newspapers."

Y/n knew exactly who it was. A boy would always come by her neighborhood to deliver newspapers. Him and Y/n would talk there and there, not much though. "It's Billy Showalter," Y/n whispered to Bruce. He nodded. "You're Billy Showalter," Bruce said.

"Maybe," Billy replied. "Do not...go upstairs again," He told him. "What is he doing?" Bruce asked. "He's waiting...on the other side with that fucking belt."

"He didn't say you can leave, so if you try, he'll punish you," he continued. "He'll beat you with that belt until you pass out." Bruce couldn't believe what he was hearing. Thank God the Grabber was asleep when he went up there.

"It hurts, kid. It hurts real bad. You'll cry. You'll beg him to stop. We all did." Bruce looked down, upset that the other kids had to go through this. "But he just keeps beating you."

The line cut off. "Hello? Hello?" Bruce tried to get ahold of him. "He hung up," Bruce told Y/n, facing her. "Oh," She replied. He put the phone back up.

Bruce and Y/n sat on the mattress, thinking of ways to get out. There was no way they were going to figure out the combination code out. It would take them weeks. The phone began to ring, Y/n and Bruce immediately getting up.

Bruce instantly picked up the phone, placing it to his ear. "You said my name was Billy," He said. "Billy Showalter," Bruce said. "Don't call me that."

"I don't remember it. It's not who I am now," He said. "What do you want us to call you then?" Bruce asked. "Us?" Billy questioned. "Well, I'm not the only one who got kidnapped. Y/n Y/l/n, my girlfriend, also got kidnapped."

"Oh, I think I know who she is," Billy said. "Well, anyway, what do you remember?" Bruce asked. "I told you. I was a paperboy."

"Okay, paperboy," Bruce teased. Y/n lightly smacked him on his forearm. "Sorry," he whispered to her. "See the wall in front of you?" Billy asked. "See how the wall is separated from the floor?"

"Yeah," Bruce replied. "I tore a long cable loose from down there. I kept it hidden," Billy told him. "What are we supposed to do with that?" Bruce asked.