V

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERIN.❞ Hudson handed me a small black box that had a red bow on top of it, almost as big as the box itself. I didn't know why he was even here, or why he bothered giving me a gift, but I didn't voice out any thoughts I had and simply smiled.

❝Thank you, Hudson.❞

Sophie and I arrived around ten minutes ago. The club was located a bit far and since the location wasn't convenient for us, we never came here. It was beautiful, but it was still early and wasn't as crowded, which was a big plus.

The DJ had started playing the music, but considering that it was still early, it wasn't very loud and it gave us some time to have an actual conversation before we got drunk.

Landon was there, and he handed me another bag, this time smaller, and wished me a happy birthday. I wanted to ask him why he invited Hudson, because it was rather funny, but it was a question I threw at the back of my head for the time being.

Considering that I didn't have a big group of friends, Sophie and Landon invited a few people that we hung out with last year. They were all really nice people, and the two girls were a year younger than us. We didn't have a dramatic fall out or anything similar, we just all got busy with different schedules and barely made time to see each other.

But it was nice having them there.

Cora and Freya were in the business major. We met at the party Landon hosted last year, as he had invited the entire campus. Freya was the shy one whereas Cora had to bring Freya out of her shell often. They made a good duo, and both were nice and kind.

Another girl that came was Nora. She was the fourth person in the friend group with Landon, Sophie and me, but after having a few assignments together and having coffee sometimes, she switched out of our major so we didn't get to see her often.

Landon probably brought Hudson. Somehow, I didn't mind. He was there and brought a friend or two who brought gifts, so it was a plus for me.

Hudson was across from me. Seated next to me were Cora, Freya, Nora and Sophie. Since it's been a while since we all got together, I grabbed my phone and handed it to Hudson.

❝Take a picture of us.❞ He took the phone, ❝It's not password protected.❞

I could see the screen light lit up and then he swiped with his finger. From an expressionless face, his mood completely shifted. My brows knitted together as I stared at him, whilst he never took his eyes off my phone.

❝What's wrong?❞ I asked, puzzled.

❝What the fuck is this?❞ He grumbled and his eyes met mine.

Instantly, a wave of cold sweat washed over me as I remembered that I didn't exit the app. Before Hudson's eyes stood a very much uncomfortable picture. A masked, unknown man that had next to nothing of clothing.