XXIII

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

WHAT THE FUCK is going through your head? Do you purposely want to get yourself hurt?❞

The look of pure fury awaited me. I didn't get to ring the doorbell before the door was open, and revealed Hudson who wore nothing but a pair of sweatpants. It was truly an amazing sight for sore eyes, though, as he didn't bother to hide his emotions, I was quick to get out of the trance.

Perhaps, it was my fault. While Dave was giving me a ride towards Hudson's place, I sent him the picture I'd taken of Liam, with a quick message of how his aim was on point. He didn't respond but he didn't need to, as I was at his address within five minutes.

❝You know well enough that I'm not the type of person to think before acting.❞

A low chuckle came from Hudson and it made me smile, slightly.

❝Come in.❞ He said as he stepped away from the door and allowed me to go inside. He closed the door behind us softly, and I stood there, awkwardly for a moment or two.

I moved over to the couch, and placed a pillow on my lap. It was fluffy and it felt as if I had touched the clouds. A few moments later, Hudson returned with a cup of warm tea for me and I visibly winced. I wasn't a tea hater, but I didn't like it, either. Even if I was sick, I refused to drink tea.

He rolled his eyes, ❝Drink it, it'll help your nerves.❞

I was puzzled, but then I saw the way my hands were trembling as he gave me the cup. It was way too hot and I knew that by tomorrow, my tongue would be sore as hell. I tried not to show anything else than gratitude, as I was thankful that he even let me come inside of his home.

The familiar scent of his apartment – the familiar scent of him made me feel safe and relaxed. I missed Hudson, I was just unaware of how much I truly needed him by my side and how much I wanted to be with him.

I drank the tea in a few gulps and placed the cup on the small coffee table that was in front of me. In my mind, I was rehearsing what I was going to tell him and how I was going to apologize, for every inconvenience I'd put him through.

❝How did... you manage to cover my mistake?❞ I began with a simple question.

Hudson was no idiot, and knew immediately that I referred to the ruined stream. He released a low breath, and then looked at me, serious as ever, ❝There was some backlash on my end. Your face was... popular for a while. There was nothing I could do about it, I lied and said some shit about you being a nosy neighbor but I don't think they bought that. It's still being talked about, but as long as no one who knows you connects the dots, we're good.❞

I bit my bottom lip, ❝And if they do connect the dots?❞

❝We'll figure it out.❞

Another round of silence fell upon us. A few times, I opened and closed my mouth to try and find a good apology, but nothing was coming out. Eventually, I decided to pause the whole thinking shit, and just say it.