xxxiii. window of opportunity

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒇
𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔅𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔢𝔩𝔡 / 𝔐𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔓𝔩𝔞𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          GRACIE SCREAMED IN EXCITEMENT, JUMPING UP AND DOWN. NEXT to her, Noah was going crazy with pride and Melissa was equally excited, yelling Stiles' name.

With two minutes left in the game, Stiles was on fire. He caught the ball from his teammate and sprinted down the field, twirling around the opposing team's defense like he was made for the sport. He easily scored, tying up the game.

The whole crowd was on their feet, cheering him on. There was a minute left in the game and one goal to win.

And Stiles didn't disappoint.

He scooped up that lacrosse ball and took off, his teammates running after him and shouting in encouragement. Gracie waited anxiously and then screamed excitedly when he got to the goal and swung his stick forward.

It felt like time slowed down as the ball went into the net when Stiles scored the winning goal, and then the buzzer rang, signaling the end of the game. The crowd roared in excitement. Smiling wildly and jumping up and down, goosebumps erupted all over the Hale girl's body.

Stiles had done it. He won the game.

But all the air had been sucked out of the room when the lights around the field all went out at once. The crowd was screaming as chaos erupted. They were running down the bleachers and heading toward the field and the parking lot.

Melissa and Noah had taken off, seeing if they could do anything to help the situation. Gracie was frozen.

Something was wrong.

The Hale girl jumped off the bleachers, running onto the field as the lights came back on one by one. There was already a crowd in the middle of the field, surrounding something.

"Somebody's hurt," they heard a guy say as they passed him. "Somebody's down on the field."

Gracie's stomach dropped. She pushed past the crowd in order to get to the middle to see what was going on. Jackson was on the ground, unconscious, with Melissa hovering over him, doing chest compressions.

"He's not breathing," she said rapidly. "No pulse."

"Oh, my God!" A voice cried out. Turning, Gracie looked beside her and saw a heartbroken Lydia. "There blood. There's a lot of blood."