xxxv. the calm before the storm

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗.   𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔄𝔩𝔭𝔥𝔞 𝔓𝔞𝔠𝔱)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

GRACIE AND STILES WATCHED AS THE ARGENTS PULLED OUT THEIR weapons. Mr. Argent went down to the basement of their apartment building where they had a storage locker full of weapons, while Allison went around the apartment and pulled out the ones they kept with them all the time.

Guns –– big and small –– bows and arrows, Chinese ring daggers –– those were harder than they looked to use, Gracie knew because Allison had been attempting to teach her the ropes –– more knives, smoke grenades, and anything else that would help defeat Jennifer, and/or the alpha pack, were laid on the desk. Stiles looked at the collection of weapons with wide eyes.

"Woah," Mr. Argent cocked his gun into place. "I thought you guys were retired."

"Retired, yes. Defenseless, no," Mr. Argent set the gun back on the desk and then turned to face Gracie and Stiles. "Make sure both of your phones are on. If either of you hear from Scott, let us know immediately."

Stiles checked his phone, where there were no messages or missed calls from Scott, and frowned. "Yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely."

Mr. Argent glanced at Allison, seeing the frown on her face.

"All three you, try to remember he's just doing what he thinks is right," he advised them all. Allison's gaze was already on the door. Gracie, Stiles, and Mr. Argent turned to see Isaac standing within the door frame.

"I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow, but..." His claws slipped out of his nail beds and he held them up. "Well, I'm getting pretty good with these."

After Lydia's mother let her go upstairs, Gracie knocked gently and waited until she heard Lydia's permission to enter, before going into the room.

Lydia was sitting at the end of her bed, dressed in pajamas, flipping through pages of an old photobook.

She looked up and smiled at Gracie as she padded over to her bed. "Hey."

"Hey, how are you feeling?" she sat next to the strawberry blonde.

"My head hurts a little bit, but other than that, I'm fine," Lydia looked at her neck, seeing that the bruise had already disappeared. "How about you?"

"I'm fine now."

Lydia pressed her lips together sadly. "What happened last night?"

Gracie described everything that went on last night. She told her about confronting Jennifer with Stiles, Scott, and Derek, about how Jennifer had poisoned Cora with mistletoe and that was why she wasn't healing. She explained how they went to the hospital and the alpha pack showed up, the many ways they tried to thwart them, and the plan that they eventually came up with.