A Trip to Remember

I woke up in a daze. My legs were sore, and I could feel last night's kisses linger on my skin. Every inch of me ached like I had just run a marathon, and a part of me wanted to stay in bed in the warm of the comforter, the other part wanted to see where Xavior had wandered off too. I knew he wasn't in bed because I could feel the coldness of the room hitting my back where the comforter had been moved. I lay there silently debating if it was worth exploring or if I should wait for Xavior to come back. There was no light in the small room that only held a king size bed and two dressers, not even a window. The darkness filled my mind and made me travel to last night's events. His body on mine. His breath on my neck. And the longing kisses he placed on my aching lips. 

I sat up slowly, realizing that perhaps those new positions were not a good idea on my aging body as my back screamed in pain. My naked body sat on the edge of the bed, letting the cool air hit my sloping breasts and sore core. Flashes of the heated night flooded my brain and made the desire come back ever so slightly. His hands grabbing my body roughly, him biting my neck so that my body was begging him for more. I closed my eyes for a moment and let the memories replay over and over again until I had enough. 

I fumbled around looking for my phone and found it placed on the table next to me charging. Xavior must have plugged it in for me after I fell asleep. The phone lit up the dark room with a million messages congratulating me on the wedding and telling me to have fun. One message from Xavior's father with a picture of the baby asleep in his arms. I stared at the photo, wondering if it was supposed to bring some type of enjoyment to my heart. I felt an emptiness looking at it, as if she wasn't my own. I was lucky to have a father-in-law that would look after her for this trip. God knows she would have cried the whole way here. I don't even know where here is at the moment.

I used the light on my phone to look in the drawers for some clothes. I found a pair of panties, a bra, and a yellow and white stripped sundress folded neatly in the draw. I slipped them on in the dark and walked around blindly looking for the door, stubbing my toe in the process. I cursed whatever it was that I hit and opened the door, limping my way out. My eyes instantly locked on the back of Xavior's head, his dark hair neatly gelled and styled like always. I, however, probably had a rat's nest on top of my head and mascara running down my eyes but I didn't care, I was married now.

"Where are we?" I asked, bending down to look out the jet windows only to see clouds and a blue sky.

"Almost to our destination my love, we begin the decent in a moment." He replied without turning to look at me. I nodded my head silently and then reached for my carryon. Inside was my makeup and a hairbrush, I must look presentable for when we land. I quickly fixed my face with a neutral look and combed my messy hair until it fell in smooth waves down my shoulders. I looked at myself in my compact and noticed my once ocean blue eyes had turned into a stale grey color. They lost the life they once had, and I felt a twinge of pain hit my chest before I closed the mirror. 

I felt the plane slowly lowering so I took a seat across from Xavior and scrolled through my phone. He was no doubt working on his latest building project, so we sat silently across from each other gazing at our electronics. I didn't mind the silence, it just meant he was making more money and I couldn't fault him with that. His phone lit up with her name and he let it ding a couple of times before responding. I was hoping for a little jealousy to fall upon me, but all that came was resentment. He set his phone back down and closed his computer. The captain came on the speaker to announce we were landing. Moments later I felt the familiar rocking of the plane landing, so I grabbed my wedding heels and slipped them on. Xavior packed his things and slid his phone in his pocket but not before I saw her name light up the screen once more.