What I Needed To Know

I looked at the diamond ring on my finger, knowing full well I despised it being there. Xavior was sleeping beside me, his chest rose and fell with every breath. My naked body laid beneath the sheets but I was ice cold. I thought about my sleeping child who was sound asleep next door with a nanny taking care of her every needs. I held my breath for a moment, thinking of when I first held my infant daughter and how relieved I felt knowing my pregnancy was over. I slipped out from under the sheets silently and put my robe on and a pair of slippers for my ice could feet. I walked down the hallways to my daughters room and opened the door silently. Betty, my nanny, sat in the chair reading a book with a dim lit lamp next to her. She went to stand up but I motioned her to stay seated with my hand. She nodded and continued to sit while looking at me uncomfortably. She knew I didn't normally visit Qarinah's room to see her. I peered over the edge of her crib to see her silently sleeping. Her long eyelashes fanned over her face with a shadow and her soft lips were slightly parted. She had my hair but her father's nose. I stared at her for a moment, not sure how to feel about her. I wanted to love her, but I couldn't. I couldn't force myself to feel a love for the child I did not want. I held my breath once again, hoping it would give me a moment of clarity in my head. It didn't. I felt a numbness towards Qarinah for some odd reason and I could not place why I was having negative feelings towards my own child. I despised her when she was conceived but that hatred had just dissolved into a numbness. I straightened my back, which was tense with stress, and faced Betty. Her eyes traveled from watching my sleeping child to me instead. I gave her a stiff nod signaling her to continue her book. I turned and walked out the room silently, my slippers making only a small noise when I walked. I walked in to my room and walked around the bed to look at Xavior sleeping. He was the man who I fell in love with. Now he just feels like a obligation. His phone buzzed and I looked over out a reflex. I was about to glance away but what I saw caught my attention.

Seiko: I miss you. 

I should have felt hurt. I should have been angry. I should have been a lot of things. But I wasn't. I watched the phone fade off and the numbness set it. I went to my side of the bed and  took my slipper and robe off. I climbed in with my back towards Xavior and pulled the covers to my chin. 

I don't remember when I fell asleep. To be honest I don't remember much of anything in my life. Xavior was gone, he left a cold spot where he had been sleeping where the sheets were ruffled. I pulled my sheets off and made my way to the bathroom where I put a full face of makeup on. I slipped on a mock blue jean dress with buttons down the front-center and a pair of heels. I grabbed Xavior's credit card from his sock drawer, where he kept it for emergencies, and I made my way to my driver. 

"Take me to Tiffany's." I stated as I entered the car. 

"Yes, ma'am" He said whilst closing the door. 

I was surrounded by diamond and rubies. I never wanted to leave. I cascaded down the isles of boxed in jewelry picking up millions of dollars of diamonds to fulfill my desire for revenge. 

On my way out I passed by a flower shop and saw an arrangement. It reminded me of the wedding I needed to plan to a man I no longer wanted to marry. I stayed for the diamonds and closet full of clothes. 

But the love I once felt for Xavior was gone.

A/N

HELLO! I know it's been forever since I have updated! Tsk Tsk I know! 

BUT! I have this whole book planned out! 

Comment down below and tell me of what you think about the story! 

Just know, I've got a plan for ya'll 

Mwhahahaa

-Love Charis!