Epilogue?

"Gather up the Runehounds again. Bout time they got out for an actual hunt." Scarlet waved off one of her workers as she made her way to her new office, Ace following close behind.

"So the lady with long white hair was your friend?"

"Yes. A very close one at that." She got to her office and opened the door, seeing a man admire a plastic flower. She flickered her tongue. "Karito. Ace, stay out here for a moment."

"Yes ma'am." He backed away from the door and leaned against a wall as Scarlet closed it. She then faced the man once more.

"She's alive. You told me she was dead."

"Back then I told you the Runehounds were far from complete but they brought back as much data as they could. I pieced that data together the best I could and there weren't any clues to her living."

"So you assumed she was dead."

"No, it was only a hunch."

"Well I have a hunch that you're going to go out there with the Runehounds and take care of her for good."

"What a marvelous plan. Getting rid of everyone who poses a threat to your power. Truly amazing." He clapped slowly to match his sarcastic tone. "When you brought them out on your spree, they found something interesting."

"Good. Work with whatever they found and tell me later. And if you want to continue being funded and supported by me, I suggest you get this done. By any means possible."

"And those kids?"

"Alive and back to me. Actually, I want them all alive. By any means possible, of course."

"So as long as they're alive, I get rewarded."

"Correct. Just make sure they're alive enough to speak and listen. And about that memory wipe."

"Yes. Give me at least three years."

"You have all the time in the world, Karito." She sat down in her chair and spun it to face the window. "Don't forget that and don't disappoint me. And as long as you don't fail, we can get along. You're dismissed. Tell Ace he may come in and tell your brothers I said hi."

He bowed. "Yes, ma'am." He then stood and left the room, informing Ace he could enter before leaving.

Ace stepped in and closed the door behind him. "Who was that? If you don't mind me asking."

"Not at all. That, my dear friend, was Karito. One of The Three that are working under me."

"Is he stronger than you?"

"Absolutely not but since he was in danger of being arrested, I offered him eternal life in exchange of working under me, so he's been here."

"Oh. And the other two?"

"His sociopathic older brother and his stubborn younger brother who hates my guts."

"Why?"

"Well... Let's just say I took something from him and he wasn't too pleased about it."

"Oh, okay."

"Question for you, why are you already so devoted to me?"

"Ah. It's simple, miss." He gave her a smile. "You remind me of a great friend of mine."

"Awww. That's sweet." Maybe I was wrong about this kid. "Well, go and have some fun while you're still young. If I need you, I'll call you here."

"Alright miss. Have a good day."

"You too." She watched as he bowed and left. She then leaned back with a smug look on her face. "What happens next will be quite interesting."

Wisteriaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें