Obituary (For it is better to be in a house of mourning) - Anjna's Interlude

If tonight is my last night, I hope I go without regrets. I pray that the first face I see is Jesus. I hope that there are people who will miss me and remember me but who do not mourn me. I hope I am celebrated with joy and flowers. I hope there is food, music and wine. I pray the tears shed are ones of joy and not of sorrow. I pray there is forgiveness and peace. I know I came with nothing and they say I will leave with nothing as well but I beg to differ. I have such beautiful memories, such happy moments that shine bright. I have shaken hands with death and sorrow, and they've told me the meaning of life. I smile because I have cried, and I see the stars because I know the night. So I leave heart full and soul light.
Never empty.
I have poured into others and have been poured into. I have sought forgiveness daily, and Lord, I extend it now to those I don't want to. I receive peace that I may never truly understand and I pray it over my family as well. I hope the remanants of my life are not viewed with sadness but hope instead. I pray parents hold their children a little tighter tonight, unafraid to tell them truths of love and apologies of mistakes. I pray children learn to forgive and let go because everyone has been in their shoes once. I pray my mother knows that I love her and that I know she loves me. I hope she learns to fly without fear on the wings the Lord has given her. I hope my sister sees the world with color and people with music. All so different but holding a harmony that seeks to be heard. I pray they heal and grow like Oaks, mighty and bold, my legacy not lost but living on through their souls. I hope my books are read and not dried out to die. That the words that once kept me breathing might help someone else stay alive. I hope my poems are not forgotten, albeit amateur and mundane. That their words still strike a chord ringing with the memories through which they came to be. I pray that my friends grow old and wise, prosperity their guide but in the face of unfairness and misfortune they never forget the beauty of life. I hope they learn about my Lord, my best friend and my father. The one that kept me every step of my way even though I was lost, many times awander. If there's anything I must pray in my final moments— Lord, it is this, walk with me today as you have throughout all my life's moments.