𝒐𝒏𝒆, mission failed

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter one ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVELYN'S FISTS CURL AROUND THE BACK OF VINCE'S AND THOMAS' SEATS, while the vehicle plummets along the dry dusty ground towards the WCKD train ahead.

Thomas presses his thumb against the walkie-talkie, "Brenda, we're comping up behind! Keep 'em busy."

"Hang on!" Vince yells, revving the engine further.

Watching as Brenda sticks her head out of the top of Bertha, and raises her rifle, firing a single bullet through the front of the train's window, Evelyn smirks, excitement beginning to build up.

The last few months had been stressful. This plan hasn't drained everyone, but now that it's finally happening, Evelyn is beyond thankful. This is there chance to get Minho back, and bring him home.

The car jumps onto the bumpy tracks, nearly flinging Evelyn out of the opened back, she lets out a yell of annoyance. Thomas whips his head back, making sure she's still hanging on and sharing a soft smile with her before snapping his head back to the train a few metres in front.

"This is crazy!" Vince yells.

Evelyn nods, "That's the point!"

Thomas unbuckles his seatbelt, manoeuvring out of the door and onto the bonnet of the car, his fist curling around a hook, "Get me closer!" He directs.

Vince does as told, building up the speed further and Thomas manages to reach forward and connect the hook to the back of the train. Thomas whips around, about to shout for Evelyn only to realise she's already jumped beside him.

Instead, he shouts for the man still sat in the driver's side, "Come on, Vince!"

The older man makes his way onto the bonnet of the car, stumbling slight as the car's wheel flies off. Vince manages to jump just in time before the vehicle is sent flying into the air and the hook snaps away. He lands on the ladder below Eve, his head whipping behind him at a familiar noise.

"Look!" He points into the distance, "Berg!"

Evelyn's mouth drops open, "Fuck."

The guns lower from the airship, firing immediately at Brenda and Jorge's car in the distance, sending them swerving.

"Thomas, you're on your own," Brenda yells through the radio, "Don't die!"

"Good luck!" Thomas replies, whipping his head back to Evelyn and Vince, "We gotta move. Come on!"

Evelyn's scurries up the ladder, breaking off into a sprint along the roof of the train carriages with the two men behind her. Suddenly, she comes to a stop and holds her arms out, slamming them into Vince and Thomas' chests to stop them from going further. In the distance, a troop of WCKD guards run towards them, guns clutched at the ready.