𝒕𝒘𝒐, the tunnel

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter two ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING THEN?"

Evelyn and Thomas come to a halt, glancing over at each other warily before a light in front of them is flicked on, revealing Newt leaning on a table with his usual disappointed expression.

"Goldie," Evelyn sings in an attempt to soften him up first, "We were just going—"

"Do not say 'we're just going on a walk' because, Eve, I've known you long enough to know that is a lie," He mutters.

Sighing, Thomas says, "Newt—"

"I don't want to hear from you either, and don't be a twat about it," Newt marches forward, grabbing Thomas' backpack from his hands, "I'm already in. Come on." He whirls around, walking back towards the car, throwing the bag into the back seat carelessly.

"Newt," Evelyn calls, following him while her head shakes, "Not this time."

Thomas hums, "Look, even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we make it back from this."

"So you're letting Eve come along?" Newt smirks, "Look, you both need all the help you can get, don't you?" He throws open the driver's door, revealing Fry.

Fry smiles, waving at the dark haired pair, "Hey."

Newt cross his arms over his chest, leaning against the vehicle behind, "We started this together, may as well end it that way too."

"That's settled then," Evelyn smirks at him and she throws open the back car door, glancing over her shoulder at Thomas, "Let's go get moaning Minho back."

Almost four hours later, the car rolls up to a scrap yard, coming to slow stop at the sight of a dark tunnel ahead, the entrance blocked by a metal fence. The four Gladers jumps out of the vehicle, Evelyn nodding thanks to Newt as he holds the back door open for her.

"You want us to go in there?" Newt raises an eyebrow at Thomas, pointing at the extremely dark tunnel ahead.

Thomas hums, staring down at the thin map in his hands as he makes his way over to beside Evelyn.

"I don't wanna come across as too negative. . . but if I was a crank that's exactly where I would be," Newt purses his lips.

Tilting his head, Thomas sighs, "I don't think we have much of a choice."

Frypan narrows his eyes at the metal gate blocking the entrance, "And what about that?"