𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, inside the walls

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter four ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

AS GALLY LOWERS A LADDER INTO THE SEWERAGE SYSTEM, Evelyn sits with her back against the wall while staring at her reflection in the blade of her knife, noticing her tired eyes and cold expression. If he was here right now, Minho would teasing her for looking at herself and would most likely give her a majorly over exaggeration of what she looks like by dancing around stupidly in front of her.

Thomas kneels down in front of her, gently lowering the knife, causing her to raise her head and meet his eyes.

"Yes?" She hums.

"You sure you're okay with this?" He asks quietly, looking over his shoulder at Gally, who's watching the pair talk, "You don't have to come with us. You can stay with Fry."

Rolling her eyes, Evelyn stands up, shoving her knife into her waistband and patting his shoulder, "If you think I'm missing the opportunity to get inside those walls, you're wrong," She glances across the room, noticing Newt sat on a box, fixing his shoes, "Goldie, come on," She calls, causing him to rise and make his way over.

As Gally begins to go down, Frypan says, "Gally, take care of these three. And, please, don't let Eve do anything irrational."

Gally chuckles lowly, nodding, stepping down, "Yeah. I know."

Thomas' hand rests on Evelyn's lower back while she waits for Gally to reach the bottom of the ladder, and once he has, she follows after him quickly, Thomas and Newt directly behind her.

The sewers are almost pitch black until Gally flicks on a torch, illuminating the grimy brick walls and dirty water flowing past their feet.

Newt grimaces, "This is gross."

"Yeah, this is great," Thomas mutters sarcastically, his teeth grinding. Eve rolls her eyes, but bites back a tease.

Suddenly, Gally flicks a switch stuck to the wall, and the sewer in front of them is immediately lit up by hundreds of bulbs strung along the dirty walls, allowing him to turn off his torch and he begins to move forward once more.

"Stay with me," He says, "We got a ways to go."

Evelyn swallows thickly, refraining from asking him questions about his new life here. It's best to save the interrogation for a time when she's not as anxious.

After nearly an hour of walking through the sewers, the group finally break out onto a bustling street within the walls. Evelyn pauses for a moment, surprised by all the smart looking people, and the bright white lights revealing their perfect clothes. Thomas pushes her forward gently, following her through the crowd that had just gotten off a train.