𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, silent

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter eight ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

THOMAS WAS TRYING NOT TO WORRY ABOUT EVE, but as Teresa led them through the large WCKD building, he couldn't help up glance over at his girlfriend every now and again, wishing more than anything that he could see what face she pulling behind her mask. He can only guess that she's angry; angry at every guard around them and at Newt's situation but most pissed off at the traitor walking between them.

Thomas will never understand how people actually believed he wanted Teresa. Even after all the days he spent gawking at Eve in the Glade and even before.

The four of them turn a corner and stop in front of an elevator. Thomas slams his finger against the button before stepping back to wait, but only a moment later he's pressing the button several more times eagerly.

"Come on, come on, come on," He rushes.

Finally, the doors slid open, and they all step inside. The three suites in guards outfits line up against the back wall, while Teresa stands calmly in front of them, her hand shoved into her long coat pockets. But, as the door begin to close again, an arm slides through the gap, causing them to pop back open again.

Evelyn jaw clenches inside the mask at the sight of the man who steps inside. Trying not to move her body in case it catches his unwanted attention, she tightens her grip on her gun slowly.

Thomas' mind is running with a million thoughts, and his palms curl around his gun harder as well as he remembers the image of Janson's fist slamming into Eve's nose months ago at the Right Arm. If he had been so happy to do that to her in the open, he hated to know what Janson had specifically done to her behind closed doors.

As the doors shut, and the elevator begins to move, Janson glances over at Teresa, "You're working late."

She hums softly.

"That's what I like about you, Teresa," He hums, "No matter how bleak things get, you just. . . well, you never give up. Times like this, you need a friend that you can count on."

She swallows, nodding, "I'll bare that in mind."

"There is one thing you should know," He sighs, "One friend to another," He turns his body to look at her, "Thomas is here."

Thomas and Newt exchange a glance form either side of Evelyn, but she's too busy burning holes into the man in front of her to react to his words.

Teresa meets Janson's eyes.

"A surveillance picked him up outside the walls," Janson explains, "Ava didn't want you to know, but there is a chance that he may try to contact you, and if he does. . . well, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call."