𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, cells

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter seven ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

FULLY KITTED UP IN THEIR WCKD UNIFORMS AND MASKS, Thomas and Evelyn follow behind Teresa through the doors of the WCKD building. No one bothers to batter an eyelid at them, and Eve's grip tightens on the gun in her hand as they pass through some scanners.

"Don't stop," Thomas mutters lowly, his shoulder nudging Teresa's slightly as she stares at passing men.

Suddenly, another guard come to a stop in front of them, tilting his head before nodding and Evelyn returns the gesture, knowing that under the mask is Newt. He motions for them to follow him as he turns away from the main hall and down some stairs. Thomas and Eve stay behind as they pass the parking garage.

Another guard, Gally, slips in front of them smoothly, sending Newt a single nod before leading the group towards the stair well.

Teresa uses her thumb print to open the door, and everyone follows in quickly, heads whipping back and forth and guns in the air to make sure no one is near.

"Hold on," Gally calls, "Hold on," He stops in front of a complicated fuse box system, and he raises his helmet to reveal his face, "I can get in here."

"Okay," Thomas nods, "Throw me the walkie."

Gally throws him the device, and Thomas lifts his helmet before running down a few more steps to check lower floors. Evelyn stands beside Newt, wiping her sweaty face while ignoring Teresa's stare burning into her head.

Newt doubles over, clutching onto the banister while coughs erupt his lungs. Without a word, Evelyn gently helps him sit down on the steps, patting his shoulder. She straightens up again, noticing how his eyes are lingering on Teresa, who's staring right her back at him with cinched brows.

"What?" Eve snaps, causing the other girl to glance away in a second.

Thomas comes jogging back up the steps, clicking the walkie on, "Frypan, we're in. How you doing?"

"Yeah, I'm getting there," Fry grunts from the other side, "Tell Minho 'hi' for me."

Smiling gently, Thomas says, "Hang in there, buddy."

Gally finally manages to break open the door to the box, and he checks it over frantically before nodding at Thomas, "This'll work."

"Brenda, what's your status?" Thomas asks into the radio.

"Status is, I'm working on it," She whispers.