𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Your Pov,

"I promise you, (Y/n). I will definitely come back to you no matter what and once I do, let's get married, alright?" he said.

Those were his last words.

That he'd come back to me.

I watched him turn his back on me and started to leave. I reached out my hand towards him to stop him, knowing all too well about what's going to happen if he goes, "No...don't go...please!"

But no matter how I try and reach out towards him with everything I have, I knew I will never be able to reach him again.

He was never coming back.

"Edward!!"

Suddenly, my eyes snapped opened and I found myself lying in my bed with my right hand outstretched in the air as if I was reaching out for something. No, not something. I was reaching out for him again.

Hahh...another dream again.

My vision started to go blurry from the tears making its way into my eyes and I let out a deep sigh, slowly sitting up on the bed as I peeled the sheets off of me and hid my face in my hand for a moment to wipe my tears away. As I do so, the ring on my left finger caught my attention and I pulled my hand away to take a good look at the ring he's placed on my hand. Another wave of sadness starts to take over me once again as I watched the beautifully engraved patterns of the moon on my ring with his voice echoing in my mind.

"I promise you, (Y/n). I will definitely come back to you no matter what and once I do, let's get married, alright?"

More tears started to escape from my eyes as I continued to watch the ring and just like that, all I can think about is him. "Liar...You never came back," I mumbled and wiped my tears away, reminding myself that I can't cry. Not today at least. I looked out at the window, watching the rays of sunshine slowly made its way into my room. Five years. It's been five years since I heard the dreadful news of his death. And no matter how people told me how long has that been, I still couldn't move on. I still miss him every single day like I always did.

And call me silly, call me stubborn, a part of me still strongly refuses to believe that he was gone. "Edward, you must still be out there somewhere, right?" I mumbled in the silent room, holding onto my necklace where it holds the other pair of my ring which belongs to him. A matching ring to mine, his ring has beautiful patterns of the sun perfectly engraved on it, reminding me of his radiating, bright smile that always brings a smile onto my face no matter what.

How I miss that smile...

"(Y/n)? Are you awake, dear?" a voice from outside of my room interrupted my thoughts and I quickly wiped the traces of my tears away, not wanting anyone to see me cry especially when today's my brother, Loen's wedding rehearsal. "Yes, you can come in, Carlotta," I answered to our family's head maid, Carlotta, after taking a deep breathe to collect myself. Carlotta opened the door and came into my room with a bright smile on her face and I couldn't help but smiled back at her cheerful self.

"Good morning, dear. Did you sleep well?" Carlotta asked, walking up to me just as I put the sheets back in its place, making it look tidy. "Good morning to you too, Carlotta. And yes, I did sleep well. Thank you for asking. Did you sleep well as well?" I asked and Carlotta chuckled, "Yes, dear. I did. You're going out to join the duke's family for breakfast today, yes?" she asked putting the towels she brought for me on a table while her words reminded me about what I had planned to do this morning. Ah, that's right. Edward's grandmother and the Dowager Duchess, Granny Eliza, has invited me to join her for breakfast today.