𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕀𝕟 ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕤

Right before (Y/n) called his name, Edward was still in her room, waiting for her to return soon as he casually floated in the air and listened to any sources of sound he could hear from where he was. When he heard the sounds of footsteps rapidly approaching, Edward knew that it was (Y/n) returning and that, someone was right behind her. So, once he heard (Y/n) calling his name, he immediately made the door open, using a little bit of his temporary phantom powers, a little trick he learned while he was testing out what he could do with the spell still activated.

Once he walked out of the room, Edward immediately turned to look at straight towards where (Y/n) was standing and he felt extremely irritated when he saw a man holding onto her wrist. And he knew (Y/n) wasn't doing anything funny behind his back when he saw how her (e/c) eyes lit up with relief as soon as they landed on him. But the signs of tears on her still wet cheeks fueled the rising anger inside him and Edward darted his attention back to the man who was holding onto her wrist, pinning him down with a glare as cold as ice.

"Y-You...You are-" the man stammered in fear as he looked at Edward who said nothing and he continued to glare at him. The grip he had on (Y/n)'s wrist loosened and (Y/n) wasted no time in freeing herself from him as she quickly rushed to her husband's side. And as soon as she was within his reach, Edward quickly wrapped a protective arm around her waist and held her close to him while his glare on the man in front of them did not even falter for one second, "What were you doing to my wife?"

"W-Wife? B-But...H-How...Y-You're dead! How can you be married a-and y-you are alive? No, wait...you're a...corpse?" (Y/n) watched Raymond stammered from the corner of her eyes as many expressions crossed his face. Confusion, fear, guilt and something else she couldn't name.

"Hm? Do I know you?" Edward flatly asked and Raymond's eyes widened for a second, seeming even more surprised than he already was by Edward's words. He gulped and took a deep breathe before he met Edward's eyes again, "Y-You don't remember me?" he asked and Edward raised a brow at his words, not really knowing who this man was. Just then, (Y/n) recalled Edward's words of losing some of his memories from one of their conversations back in the Land of the Dead.

"I remember most of our memories together because you're all I can think about after I was dead, but I can't seem to remember some of my memories and some people no matter how I tried...And as ironic as it is, I can't remember who stabbed me that day or what happened after I was stabbed either."

'Could it be that Edward didn't remember who Raymond was?' (Y/n) silently wondered in her mind before she gently tugged on Edward's shirt, making his gaze softened as he instantly turned his attention back to her. "Edward, I-I think he used to be one of your comrades back in the knight troupe," she informed and Edward's eyes flickered for a moment at her words as he glanced back at the man in front of him for a second while he continued to listen to (Y/n) whisper, "His name is Raymond. Do you...remember him?"

Edward stared at Raymond who remained silent looking at him while being rooted in his spot for a while before he answered her question, "No, I don't." His blue eyes went back to cold again after he said that and looked back at Raymond who flinched under his gaze with a questioning glare. Just then, Lyra and Loen arrived calling (Y/n)'s name, but the couple stopped dead in their tracks once they saw who (Y/n) was standing with, Edward.
Their eyes widened with shock, unable to believe what they were seeing right now. And it finally dawned upon them that (Y/n) was indeed telling them the truth and that Edward was still alive as a corpse. "Y-You...Edward, you really are still alive a-as a..." Loen trailed, feeling quite shocked to finish his sentence, but Lyra finished it for him while still being in a shocked state, herself, "A-a corpse."

(Y/n) started to feel saddened once again as she looked at her brother and her now sister in law. She was really leaving them now, "Loen, Lyra..." she mumbled their names underneath her breathe, but Edward still heard her. His eyes flicked once again, slowly taking in their appearances as he looked at the two and tried to recall some of the memories he lost. He started to remember some memories, but they were still a bit blurry to him. "Edward, c-can we go back now, please?" he heard (Y/n) asked him in a small voice and looked down to see her looking away from the three in front of them as she hid her face in his chest. Edward couldn't see her face, but he could tell from the way her voice cracked a little and how she was avoiding eye contact right now that she was holding her tears back and that things didn't go well like they wished it to be. And just like that, all he could think about was granting her wish to take her away from here. "Of course, love," He whispered, wrapping an arm around (Y/n)'s waist and held her close to him before he glanced back at the three who were still in shock and said the word, "Hopscotch."