𝔸𝕟 𝔸𝕔𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟

[A/n: And Tada! This is how our Corpse Groom, Edward, looks like, guys. I made this book's character's images from 'Avatar Maker: Guys' to show you guys how they look like and I hope you guys enjoy]

Your Pov,

The wind blew gently and the rustling sound of the leaves along with the soft clip-clop sounds from (H/n)'s hooves filled my ear in the quiet atmosphere of the night as (H/n) and I continued to prance through the forest to the place I haven't been for years now. And the moon was perfectly shining tonight to light my way in the dark.

After making a few more turns here and there, a familiar flower field came into our view and I smiled, gently bringing (H/n) to a stop as I hopped off of her back and patted her head gently as a 'thank you' before looking at the flowers blooming beautifully in the moonlight, "Oh, (H/n). This place looks exactly as I remember," I breathed out in amazement, taking into the view as I took (H/n)'s rein in my hand and started walking through the flower field with her, taking my time to relax for a moment while enjoying the view as well.

The flowers stretch as far as the eye can see, their beautiful aroma carrying on the gentle breeze of the night and silencing the thoughts in my head for a moment.

I brushed my finger lightly against some of my favorite flowers and then, my eyes landed on the familiar oak tree that lies ahead. I picked up my pace and walked towards there with (H/n), my mind recalling to the dream I had today where I saw Edward standing under the oak tree which was also a place we used to spend so much time together before. As soon as we reached under the oak tree, I let (H/n) wander off to where the grasses were and let her have some food while I continued looking around, taking into the familiar beautiful views I haven't seen for so long.

Everything looks the same as that day when I was last here. I used to sit under this tree and read the letters from Edward while waiting for him to come back...which he never did.

I sighed and sat down on the spot at where I usually used to sit as I took in a deep breath and leant against the tree. I remember.

When I heard he was dead, I remember sitting here and praying every day that all of this was a very long, bad dream I was having, that Edward was still alive out there somewhere and that he would come back to me someday.

But the cold reality only sneered at my wishes.

Five years have passed, but Edward never came back. My faith was slowly slipping away bit by bit, each time taking a part of me every day.

And yet...why is it that even now I am still waiting and wishing you'd come here eventually in some way, Edward?

I looked at the flower field in front of me and once again, my mind recalled about the dream I had today, one of the main reasons that led me to come here today.

You could call me a fool for coming here because of a dream, but I don't care any less. My heart is yearning to be here because this is where I have most memories with him. We used to spend so much time together here. Just the two of us.

So, what was it that you were trying to say to me in that dream, Edward?

Then, suddenly, everything I've been worrying about came rushing to me and once again, I started to feel even more conflicted.

My eyes landed on the ring on my finger and a wave of sadness started to take over me once again as I gently brushed my finger over it while tears started to prick from the corner of my eyes.

"I met two of your friends yesterday...Nicholas asked me for my hand today and honestly, I can't do it. I don't want to do it at all. I am still deeply in love with you to the point I can't feel anything for another men no matter how nice that person is," I said into the incredibly quiet air as if someone was listening to me. It was a habit that I had grown to develop ever since five years ago, after he's gone. I'd come here and say the things that happened to me as if he was listening when in truth, I don't even know if he could even hear me or not, but I still do it anyway.