# 2 : GRILLBY'S

The morning was rough.

I woke up at about 12 in the day and started drowsily, filling my coffee cup and slightly spilling some all on the counter.

"Shit.." I grumbled, grabbing a paper towel and trying to clean the hot liquid.

I took a tired sip, feeling my exhaustion still hang over me as I drank.

I had about three hours to burn, and my hair was still a nest, along with my dirty clothes that I decided to slip on everyday after work.. For a week.

I sigh as I finish the coffee, trying to decide if I should pour another cup-full. I decided against it though, setting the mug in the sink and going to my room.

I grabbed a new set of clothes and made way to the bathroom. It was just casual wear I thought would fit, because honestly, who would wear formal wear to meeting some friends of a friend?

I slipped in the bathroom, leaving the door slightly ajar. I lived alone, so it didn't matter much.

I turned on the water to my preferred temperature before undressing, sighing quietly as I set the dirtied clothes on the counter and carefully stepped into the shower.

- - - - - - - - -

I kept the towel draped around my shoulders as I brushed my teeth, rather sloppily as a bit of toothpaste covered my lips.

I spat it all out and filled the cup up with water, taking a swig before spitting it out.

I hummed, satisfied as I put the towel and clothes in a hamper as I made way back to my room.

I picked out a jacket and slipped it on, considering it was quite chilly. And, knowing Brandon with his fancy new convertable, he'll have his roof down.

Grabbing my luggage, I checked my phone.

3:23. I had enough time to slip my shoes on, I nearly forgot..

Rushing to the door, I hurriedly slipped them on and had quite a struggle tying them. (Along with complaining about how my back ached from bending down..)

Afterwards, I heard loud, obnoxious honking from outside.

"[NAME]!! Hurry up!" He yelled teasingly, which I groaned at and hurried out the door, pushing on my beanie and bag in hand.

"I'm here! God, no need to tell the whole world I'm slow." I panted out, slipping in the passenger seat with a heavy sigh of sleepiness.

"Well, we need to floor it! We're gonna be late!" He huffed childishly, pressing down on the gas as the car growled and roared angrily, spurts of flames exploding from the muffler.

I groaned as the wind blown my hair, and nearly my beanie away. I held onto my beanie as the town rushed by. "What's the rush? You came 5 minutes early."

"Oh.. Did I? My phone's time must be wrong, I thought I was 5 minutes late." He chuckled nervously, the car slowing it's speed compliantly.

"It's not that big of a deal either way. This Sans dude sounds chill, and you know five minutes isn't a lot. You should see how late I usually am.." I murmured, smiling.

"Yeah! I remember this one time you came in an hour late, and the boss burnt your tail!" He laughed heartily.

I shivered, "Hey, don't remind me. Never was late again afterwards." I joked, grinning.

"Yeah right, you're nearly always 10 minutes late still." He teased, focused on the road as he took a right.

"Hey, where are we heading to anyways?" I ask, leaning back into the carseat.

"Grillby's! They have the best food there, I swear!" He boasted proudly, as though he was the father of the place.

"Really? Is it as good as MugShots?" I smirked.

"Even BETTER! Believe me, it's like you died and went to heaven!" He said drramily.

I chuckled. It wasn't long until I saw a rather cabin-like restaurant with the writing "GRILLBY'S (and sans') DINER."

I smiled, despite my gut telling me this will be an awfully long day.