# PROLGUE : OFFICE

I sighed heavily as I stared at the paperwork in front of me, that my boss oh-so-graciously slapped in front of me.

"Can't somebody else write this? This goes against my beliefs." I muttered quietly, not daring to look up at her.

"Well, sorry dearie. But as you know, monster crimes are trending.. They're the buzz." She said, sickeningly sweet as she placed a finger under my chin, making me look up at her piercing green eyes.

"It'd be a true shame if you didn't write the article, I'd have to fire you.." She smiled, sinister intent behind that 'caring' face. "You wouldn't want that, would you?" She said before pushing the paper towards me before beginning to sashay away.

"Toodles! Hope you get it in time for editing." She said cheerfully, walking off with her loud heels clacking on the floor.

"Looks like you have it rough." A male voice chuckled at my predicament in the cubicle next to mine.

"Looks like you're having a blast." I murmured in response, smiling.

"Of course I am! I get to write about that new monster star!" Brandon chattered, making me sigh a little.

"You always get fun stuff to write, I swear. I'm almost jealous." I said, tapping the papers together in a neat pile before booting up my computer.

"Maybe the Boss doesn't like you." He joked, though it was true. She should just fire me already..

"As long as it puts food on the table." I mumble, typing away.

It was a while before either of us said anything, us both focused on our work as we stayed in silence.

"... I actually have a friend who knows Mettaton! His name is Sans, and apparently his brother is close to him!" Brandon cheered, catching my interest.

"Hmm, really?"

"Yeah, I mean, he was the only star in the Underground, soooo.." He laughed a little, beginning to type as well.

"Oh! Maybe I can bring you to meet him sometime. You two act alike. Sans co-owns that place, Grillby's Diner - You know that place, right?"

I hummed with a nod.

"He co-owns that place, so maybe sometime we can stop by.." He said, which I nodded again, rather absent-mindedly as I let my mind wander while typing the article, feeling exhaustion creep up on me while I stared at the nlinding white document.

I felt as though, this week will be exhausting. I'm not sure why a part of my SOUL felt such..