3 POV

The day was finally over, to which made Finney and Gwen happy and sad at the same time. Bruce had the ideal to meet up in the hallways after finding out they all had lived on the same street, So they were just gonna walk together.

"Do you know the answers to the English homework" Vance asked as he slung his backpack over one shoulder, "You know I don't do homework" Robin said as he scoffed, "Huh, I thought you said-" "Yes I'm good at all classes, but I hate doing homework, so I rely on test instead" Robin cutoff Finney explaining it to him nodded in understanding.

"Hey, you guys wanna hang since school over?" Bruce asked to which Finney a d Gwen glanced at each other, "Umm,maybe another time. We told our Uncle we'd help him with organizing the house" Gwen said as stuck a hand in her pocket.

"Awwe, alright." Bruce said as they walked down the streets. "Ah, this is our turn, we'll see you guys tomorrow" Finney said as he waved them all bye and they waved as well before they left.

When they were for sure they were out of sight their smiles dropped, "Remember, when we walk in go straight to your room, don't ask questions, do retailte. And cover your ears alright" Finney said to which Gwen sighed sadly and nodded.

They both let out a small huff of air as they approched the door to their house, Finney opened the door, the minute it opened a glass bottle hit the wall beside his head causing him to flinch.

"Gwen go to your room"  Finney said as he looked at her, she looked up at him worriedly, but due to his pleading eyes, she reluctantly left to her room while Finney closed the door.

While their uncle sat on the couch, a beer bottle in one hand, and slotched. The clear smell of liquor and weed scented the house, "The hell you looking at fag" his uncle spoke out, words slurred out as he stood up stumbling a bit.

Finney looked to the ground, "No one, Sir" he said in a barely whisper. His uncle tsked as he limped and stumbled over to him, "Why the hell was I left with, my brother's faggot ass son" he slurred out, as Finney only clutched his fist.

His uncle laughed before suddenly slapping him across the face, Finney ended up digging his fingernails into his palms in order not to flinch as he looked to the side, a red hand mark begin forming on his cheek.

"What? Nothing to say?" His uncle asked as he got closer, before scoffing "You're just like your coward ass father" he said as he looked down at Finney who clutched his fist more.

"Don't talk about my father" Finney said in a barely hearable voice, as he could feel the anger raise within, he then suddenly felt a sudden harsh tug on the back of his head as he was not looking into his uncle's eyes.

"The hell you say to me boy! Remember I'm the one who's taking care of your asses, be fucking. Thankful I didn't leave you and your sister on the streets damn brat" his uncle slightly shouted at him before throwing him on the ground and kicking him in the chest, slightly knocking the air out of Finney.

"You fucking ungrateful piece of shit" his uncle said angrily before living him in the face, busing his lip and causing him to accidentally bite the inside of his cheek.

By the time he stopped, Finney was sure he had a bruises on his chest, as he laid on the floor slightly curled up, his uncle bent down and grabbed his hair harshly before tugging it up. "Now what do you fucking say" his uncle asked as he glared at Finney, "F-Forgive me for being ungreatful" Finney slightly gasped out in pain

His uncle tsked and let go of his head, "Go to your fucking room, faggot" his uncle said as he stumbled back to the couch, Finney struggled a bit to stand up but when he managed to he limp to the room, him and Gwen shared.

When he got to the door he gently knocked on it four times paused and knocked on it twice. The door was quick to open as Gwen saw his posture, the pain and worry look on her face told everything as she gently lead him inside the room.

She lead him to sit on the bed before going into the bathroom and getting the first aid kit and went back besides him, "I hate him" Gwen suddenly said as she begin to put some cream on it to ease the pain, "I'm fine don't worry" Finney said as Gwen huffs, "You always say that, even when you're not" she said as she tried to surpress the tears that begin to slightly fill her eyes.

Finney was quick to hug her and gently pat her head, "It's gonna be ok alright. As long as you're safe I'm fine" Finney said gently as Gwen hugged him back, though soon she was reduced to sniffles before continuing helping him.

She placed a ice pack on his cheek so that the swelling would go down. After awhile she removed the ice pack, "Oh my cheek is numb now" Finney said with a small laugh tryna ng to brighten the mood a bit, Gwen slightly laughed causing him to smile softly.

Gwen put a small patch on top of the bruise before nodding, "Done" she said before putting everything in the first aid kit back.

"Wanna start on homework?" Finney asked and Gwen nodded as she walked to her backpack. Finney did the same as they both got out their homework that they were expected to do.

When they finished it was around eight, "I'm gonna take a shower now" Gwen said as she got up and stretched a bit before going to her dresser and getting out her night clothes.

"Alright" Finney said as he begin putting his things away. Gwen entered the bathroom and locked the doors.

'What should I say about the bandage tomorrow...we just met through. I doubt that they'll really care' he thought sadly as he looked down at the floor.

'Are they positive they wanna be friends with me or are they messing with me.' he thought to himself as he begin to sink deeper and deeper into his thoughts.

Until he felt a slightly tap on his shoulder, which startled him as he looked up only to see Gwen. His quickned heart beat begin to slow down as he breath out a sigh of relief, "You scared me for a sec" he admitted as he placed a hand over his chest where his heart is.

"Ah sorry, I was letting you know you can go in. Now" she said to which Finney nodded as he got up, "What were you thinking about?" Gwen asked curiously.

"Nothing, just... thinking about what I should fix tomorrow." He said with a soft smile as he got up and went to his dresser. "Finney" Gwen said worriedly, "I'm fine, I promise" he said before going into the bathroom.

Gwen sat on her bed, 'If we didn't live with him, he wouldn't always be hurt. If he didn't have to protect me, he would be ok' Gwen thought to herself sadly as she gently clutched her fist.

She sighed before laying back in bed looking at the ceiling, she hadn't know how long she was in a empty minded space until she heard their bathroom door open and Finney come out of it.

She slightly yawned as she sat up, "Tired?" Finney asked to which Gwen nodded slightly. "Go to sleep, it's late anyways" Finney said as he looked at the time amd it read 10 o'clock.

As he put his dirty clothes in a basket it and his towel back up he went to bed as well. Snuggling himself under the covers before laying down, as Gwen did the same on her side.

"Night Gweny" Finney said, "Night Finney" she responded back before he turned off the lights and they both rested their head on their pillows and went to sleep.