Chapter 14

They were all in position, ready to attack the target. Only a few of the teammates had normal weapons, others having a bit more powerful one. Tyrant had its own tricks, in which the S.T.A.R.S. members were already aware of. Thanks to their time traveling buddy. "I should get closer. This distance won't do much." Barry stated but was immediately shut down. Sticking to what the very helpful note said, they hadn't planned for him too go anywhere near it. "Captain Enrico is the only one who can be a little ahead of us since he has the weapon that requires close range. You need to stay behind. We'll explain after this fucker is dead." Jill was still a bit upset with Barry, after finding out that he was in on the traitor's plan. She understood why but it was still messed up. That wasn't important at the moment. Killing Tyrant was. That's what they planned and will do. All being confident about it. Though that confidence would be raised a bit if Chris was awake. Right now would be the best time to wake up. Anyway, Tyrant finally decided to make his first move. It was pretty scary at first but they soon understood the routine of the attacks. "I need to get closer! More damage will be done!" Enrico shouted over the gunshots. "Alright! But be careful!" Jill replied. Getting closer did do it's magic. Though Enrico made sure to be cautious, remembering what was on the note. Thank future Chris. And just like the other thing that was said on the paper, the creature evolved into something stronger. But they were already ready for the second round. Dodging its attacks, many hits on the monster was made, taking a good amount of damage. What they were doing was working. Jill looked around to make sure everyone was doing ok so far, only to see Chris trying to get out of Wesker's hold. "He's awake!" She shouted happily. Now they really had the upper hand. "Yes but he shouldn't be moving around!" Rebecca replied with worry in her voice. "Since when did anything stop that idiot?" Forest asked, obviously in a joking manner. Although he was right. No matter how many times Chris was knocked down, he always got back up. Nothing ever stopped him. Not even a boulder (😏). The brunette took out his gun, aiming it at Tyrant before firing a few shots. This thing needed to be put down. Even after shooting it, the monster switched it's attention to something else, someone else. It turned its head, getting ready to attack. That when the S.T.A.R.S. members realized who it was. Barry Barton. he had snuck around, completely going against what they had planned. "Barry!" Jill called out. Tyrant attacked, making a direct hit. A horrible scream had made everyone feel chills, faces going pale and slightly full of fear. Barry fell back, eyes slightly wide in shock, blood splattered on his uniform. "What..." He stared down at the further more injured male. "Chris?" It was unknown to how he could've moved that quickly with an injured side and leg. Maybe it was the adrenaline. "Shoot it! Now!" Chris shouted, seemingly not affected by the new injury. Jill quickly aimed before firing (Que in the multiple perspectives XD). Tyrant was finally dead. Rebecca had rushed to Chris's side, inspecting the injury and making sure that no stitches ripped. To her surprise, the stitches were fine. As of the new injury, it was only a slash on his arm. "You need to be more careful mister." Chris chuckled softly, "I'll try." Wesker came over, checking him. "Are you alright?" "I'm fine. I promise." The blonde sighed in relief. "Don't ever do that again." "Aye aye, Captain." Chris smiled at him. "Come on, guys. Brad's been waiting for who knows how long. I'm surprised that he didn't leave when he saw that thing." Joseph joked, earning a few laughs. "Yeah, I'd rather not stay here any longer." "With you on that, Jill." Enrico agreed, smiling at her. Bravo and Alpha team got in the helicopter. Of course Brad gave them many apologies, feeling horrible for leaving. They chatted to one another, happy to be alive. "Yeah, if it wasn't for our fellow time traveler of a friend." Richard commented. Barry listened in on the conversation, completely shocked at the information. If there was a lack of evidence, he would've thought that they were going crazy. But too much had proven otherwise. Wesker had also tuned in. He looked down at the brunette who was resting his head on the Captain's shoulder. "Christopher...Why?" It was such a sudden question. There was no context, so therefore no clear answer. Chris looked up at him with a puzzled look. He had not been listening to the others, feeling too exhausted. "You knew all of this time. About my plans. What I had planned to do. Have you only done this to stop me?" His hand gestured between the two of them. Chris was quick to shake his head, feeling almost offended that the man would think he'd do such a thing. "No! Of course not. The way that I feel towards you was the same I did in my world. But I wasn't so lucky to get this. You turned into a monster. A monster that I had to kill. I-I mean I really didn't. Maybe Sheva or Jill did but...I didn't. I couldn't do it. I just hesitated....Just like all of the other times. I couldn't do it. So when I got here, my first goal was to stop you. To save all of my fallen teammates. But then things started to happen between us. And I...I couldn't help it. To finally have what I desired for so many years...it felt like a dream. It still does. And even if it is a dream, even if I'm dead in my world....I won't care because I'm here with you and all of my friends...I'm happy. I haven't been this happy in so long. I was able to change what's haunted me for years. And now, I can rest easy knowing that I did it ad still got to be with you." Tears flowed down his cheeks. A hand cupped his cheek, wiping the tears away. "I love you, Albert Wesker." He smiled brightly through the tears. "I love you too, Chris Redfield." They stared into each other's eyes, taking in the peaceful moment before kissing. Wesker was the last thing he saw before the world turned bright white and quiet. When everything cleared, white walls and a sound of something beeping filled his senses. That's when Chris realized that he was in a room. A medical room. That would explain the pain. His whole body ached and burned, almost as if someone set him on fire. Chris tried to sit up, but immediately lied back down. Something had tugged at his skin. Following the wires, it lead to a heart rate monitor. In the reflection, he could see himself. He was thirty five again. What happened in that world was all just a dream. Chris never changed the past.

(And I oop- So uh....yeah. Quite an ending huh? ;D I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please don't be mad at me- XD Thank you everyone for reading!)