Prologue

The calm winds soothed the SeaWing as she glided over the Kingdom of Sand. She noticed a SandWing coming over to her and started gearing for a fight. If this SandWing wanted to fight, then so be it. The SandWing stopped not far from her. "My name is Arroyo and I wanted to know why you were flying so close to the SandWing Palace." Wait. How close was she? She turned her head around to see a large building. Oh, moons. She wanted to avoid it as much as possible. She looked at the SandWing defiantly. "With your obnoxious voice, your parents should've named you Jackal." Arroyo looked at her smiling. "Well, you can't call me Jackal unless I know what to call you by." "Mangata." Her voice surprised herself. "My name is Mangata." Arroyo smiled. "Well nice to meet you, Mangata." Moons he was nice. "So... are you a soldier." His jackal-like laugh made Mangata smile. No, don't like him, don't like him. He'll backstab you like the last one. "No. Not me. I'm a healer. Like my sister, my brother and my mom." Mangata smiled. "I'm a healer myself. I'd love to know more about healing in the desert though." Arroyo smiled. "Come then, it's a lot different than anywhere else."

Mangata was running through the halls when she caught sight of the healing room. Time with Arroyo had made her value him and treasure him... as well as their first dragonets who were hatching today. 6 eggs. A small sand colored dragonet was silently putting away flowers. With Zerzura as a soldier, there was only one dragonet who would be in there. "Suna?" The dragonet whipped her head around. "Oh! S-Sorry." Mangata put her tail around the 3-year-old SandWing. "Shouldn't we be heading to the hatching room?" Suna nodded. "You go ahead, they're your eggs." Mangata laughed. "I was afraid you'd get lost." Suna nodded, "Smart worry, yes, I'll go with you." The healing room wasn't far from the hatching room, but Suna still found a way to get lost nearly every time. Mangata was honestly scared for her. Arroyo was dashing into the hatching room as they both entered. "Hello, brother." Suna chirped awkwardly. Under the exposed light of the hatchery, their dragonets were emerging, but they weren't the only ones. Queen Panthera was watching sadly. "Someone abandoned a NightWing egg here." Zerzura looked at her. "What do we do with it?" Cholla, Arroyo's mother, looked at Zerzura. "Take care of it, of course." King Fulgurite walked over to his wife. "May I name it?" Queen Panthera nodded. "How about... Twilight?"