Chapter 2

Suna was open-mouthed. "Y-your Majesty!" Queen Panthera smiled. "Hello Suna, I was wondering if you could update me on the situation at Jade Mountain. 5 SandWings went missing." Suna nodded. "A tribe of hybrids who call themselves ColorWings attacked Jade Mountain. An animus helped me and my friends escape, but had to flee right after." There, that should keep Frostelle's secret safe. It was true, but not entirely. Queen Panthera nodded. Her pair of 1 year old dragonets, one girl, one boy, ran through the courtyard laughing. Panthera's calm face turned stern. "Tumbleweed, Poppy. Shouldn't you be in the Wingery?" Poppy's face crinkled up. "Yes... but Pangolin's a mooneyed sandsnorter!" Tumbleweed chimed in. "Yeah! And Shoreline is tooooo." Queen Panthera flicked her tail annoyed. "Well. If you would actually stay in the Wingery, you could LEARN things from Mangata and Hyrax." Mangata, Arroyo's wife, had transferred to teaching after the old teacher, Guanaco, died of a dragonbite viper bite. Her son, Hyrax wanted to learn teaching as well, so he was her assistant. Poppy squealed. "We can learn stuff from Mangata!?" Tumbleweed whimpered. "Why didn't anyone tell us?" They ran down the hallway and Tumbleweed ran into a wall before staggering back and regaining his speed. Crescent looked at the hallway nervously. "Will Tumbleweed be okay?" "Yeah, probably." Cholla walked through the cloth with her goldenish scales glittering in the moonlight. Suna looked at Cholla nervously. "Mom..." Cholla turned her gaze to Suna. "Mangata's third batch of eggs is hatching this full moon, WHY IN THE MOONS ARE YOU NOT IN SCHOOL?" Suna looked at her mother nervously. "I-I have a good reason, mom!" Cholla's eyes glinted fiercely in the light. "Oh, you'd better." A small gray dragonet with sandy colored glowing scales ran up to Cholla. "Please, Grandmother, don't be like that." Cholla's eyes softened. "I'm just scolding Suna for not being in school, Archie." Queen Panthera's eyes glinted with amusement. "Well, they have quite the tale, Chol." Cholla looked at Panthera angrily. "I thought I told you not to call me that." Panthera laughed. "How about you call Tokage to show them to their rooms?"