Chapter 1

"Palace ahead!" Mystique, the RainWing of Suna's Winglet who had an odd ability which was the inability to change her scales. Frostelle, the IceWing-NightWing hybrid with the shared gifts of animus magic and mind reading. During a stop, Suna had made Frostelle add an enchantment to her skyfire earring that it would protect her soul. Crescent, the wingless SilkWing, was fidgeting nervously in the claws of his friend, Moonflower, the fearsome LeafWing warrior. Flying next to them was Dewdrop the HiveWing. Secretive about his Hive, Jewel Hive, Frostelle had read Dewdrop's mind at Suna's request. He was still nice about it when he found out. Next was the NightWing seer, Stardreamer, who was still tired after delivering a prophecy, but the palace wasn't far. The SkyWing princess Halo, who wanted to stay away from Queen Desire for now, who happened to be her aunt. Her pinkish scales gave her a hybrid-ish feel, which might be useful against a legendary hybrid tribe called ColorWings who had just surfaced. No, Halo was a friend, not a tool. Isonade, the SeaWing, he was very nervous, but he would do the right thing at the right moment, experience with him proved it. Finally was the MudWing prince, Cypress, (wow! So much royalty in the Sapphire Winglet!) who was formerly anti-hybrid, but now completely anti-ColorWing. Suna had decided he wouldn't be the best for diplomacy. Once she reached the palace, there would be her 10 nieces and nephews, Mangata and Arroyo, Zerzura, Tokage, and her parents. Not to forget Twilight, the NightWing librarian in the Kingdom of Sand. Somehow, she could manage the entire library alone! And she was three years old! Suna was shocked by her. Crescent sighed. "Confession time everybody, I'm not a year old, I'm just small. I'm actually nearly six years old." Dewdrop looked at Crescent confused. "When will you start Metamorphosis?" Crescent looked at the black-winged HiveWing nervously. "Next week." Suna nodded. "Well then let's go make it to the palace as soon as we can." She noticed the palace in the corner of her eye, a pair of SandWing soldiers on guard at the watchtower. She flicked her wings and started soaring down towards the courtyard. The SandWing guards left the tower, likely to change shifts and Suna noticed her friends flying behind her. She hadn't felt the warm crunch of sand under her talons since she left for Jade Mountain. A glimmer of dark orange jewels caught Suna's eyes. Queen Panthera was standing regally on her courtyard throne.