Part 7 -the talk-

"Okay what's up?" Mari asked watching Matthew fly away.

"It's about the book" said Morpheus

"Ahhh did you figure out how to destroy it?" She asked stepping up on the porch and to the door.

"No. Not exactly. Let's talk inside" Morpheus said urgent

"Uh okay" Mariana looking a bit confused way Morpheus was so stressed. She unlocked the door and invited Morpheus in.

"You want anything to drink or some fruit. While we talk" she said walking to the kitchen. Taking off her shoes and beanie by the door.

"No thanks" he replied following her to the kitchen.

Mari was rummaging through her fridge looking for a snack. The walk burned off all the food she ate this morning. "I figured you would come back tonight and not in the middle of the day Morpheus. So it must be urgent" as she said pulling out some fruit to eat and leaning against the counter looking at Morpheus leaning in the door way.

"Yes. I think I might figured out why the book had attached to you" he said kinda looking down at the floor.

"And what might that be?" Mari asked taking another bit of fruit.

"We'll you see" Morpheus trailing off and avoiding eye contact with Mari

"We'll spit it out" said Mari frowning.

"We'll when people.." Morpheus finally making eye contact with her "You know what never mind. I'll just take care of it. I don't wanna drag you anymore into this mess. After all you've been through a lot. You deserve rest"

"I appreciate the thought but I'm sure I will be fine with knowing why the book has attached to me" she said smiling at Morpheus.

"I know" Morpheus said softly. He walked closer to where Mari was standing.

"Is everything alright Morpheus?" Mari starting to get a little concerned.

"Yes Mari. No need to worry" Morpheus said walking closer to her and reaching for her face wiping off some fruit that was on her face. "Sorry , there was a bit of food. It was bothering me"

"Oh um" Mari turned around embarrassed.Turning her face away from him and wiping with a cloth that was lying on the counter. And turned back around to see Morpheus really close her

"Mari" he said soothing "I think I'm fall-". Before Morpheus could finish what he was saying there was a big loud bang at the door. "What was that?" He said startled

"Oh sorry. It's probably Thomas wanting in" said Mari slipping away from Morpheus letting the cat In. "Now what we're you gonna say before the cat interrupted you".

"Oh. It doesn't matter. I'll tell you another time" said Morpheus.

"Morpheus?" Mari said raising one eye looking at him.

"Yes" he said.

"You've been real secretive lately. It's not like you." She said questioning him "I mean you tell me everything even stuff I probably shouldn't know how it works. Now tell me" she said getting a bit hurt looking away from him.

"I'll tell you in time" he said turning her head so her eyes would meet his. "You are very dear to me. I can't keep anything from you but for now, I need to leave this thought to myself".

"What thought" she questioned

"You'll know in time" he said "I have to go back to the dreaming. Sorry for wasting your time. I now realize this trip was a bit of a waste" he said smiling