Chapter 40

The sound of the door bell ringing woke us up the next morning. I definitely did not get enough sleep. I feel Harry sit up next to me, and laugh as I grab onto his hand. I don't want to leave this room. Once we do reality kicks back up and I'm not ready to face it. I'm not ready to deal with everything.

"Come on love. That's probably one of the lads. We've got to fill them in." Harry says laying his head next to mine once more.

I regret telling them to come over. His lips press against the side of my face. God he's so cute. I don't want to leave this room.

"I can fill them in. You stay and rest, does that sound okay?" He asks, gently playing with my hair.

"If there's a choice I want to just tell the guys fuck off and stay in bed with you all day." I say turning my body to him. Wrapping my arms around his neck.

"As amazing as that sounds, we both know if we don't get down there soon they'll come running in here. Should've seen my phone, they're very worried."

Almost on cue, Louis' voice rings through the house, "I swear to the gods if you aren't down here in 10 seconds I'm coming up there."

I look at Harry, my eyebrow raised. He chuckles and passes me his shirt. "He's not joking, he'll come in here whether we want him to or not."

I groan and put the shirt over my head. Harry puts on some joggers and passes me a pair of clean boxers. I smile. My pajamas are right there and he still chooses to have me in his clothes.

"If I have to start counting, I swear I'll kick both of your asses!" Louis yells.

Harry rolls his eyes and takes my hand. He kisses it gently before walking us out of the room. "Yeah yeah don't get your panties in a twist, we're right here."

Before we can say anything else Niall walks up to us and smacks us upside the head.

"Ow! What the hell??" I ask, rubbing the side of my head.

"You don't just drop off the face of the Earth after saying you were shot at. Do you have any idea how worried I was? You don't answer your texts, you don't answer your calls. I almost drove down here just to make sure you're okay!" Niall rants, "You better have cleaned that cut. I swear you'll get no sympathy from me if it gets infected. Have Louis look at it to make sure you did it right. Fucking dumbasses." He mutters the last part to himself.

I can't help but smile. I step forward and give him a hug. All these boys are such softies. Niall pats my head awkwardly and I laugh.

"I'm sorry I worried about you. Both of you. I wanted you to know what was going on but then I," I glance over in Harry's direction and he winks at me, " got distracted. Won't happen again."

"Cross your heart?" Louis asks.

I make an x over my heart, "Cross my heart."

"Okay then. Now that we've got that amount of the way, let's talk about what the hell happened."

Harry and I take turns explaining everything that happened last night. From slushees by the cliff to getting shot to blowing the car up. Niall looks deep in thought. He's always been a serious guy but now it's on an entirely different level. Louis too. It's more intense than the looks they had that night at the club. It's honestly a little scary.

I know we all have our sides but it's very hard to grasp that these two squishy boys can look so murderous.

"What is the plan now? They made their move. What's ours?" Louis asks.

"We need to stay on track. We need all of the traitors found. We can't get distracted by someone who's not worth the time." Niall answers.

"Not worth the time? Do you not see what they did to our girl? That's reason enough to hunt them down." Louis says angrily, looking at Harry.