Chapter 2 - Its A Date

Although my mother is a desi she grew up as the daughter of immigrants
In a white washed household.

She kept tight grasp of her main roots while raising
me but also didn't force all of it on me.

As we entered the odd looking sports store a scarily over energetic blonde came running over to us the blonde could only be know as Anne.

She ran up to me and gave me the tightest hug I've ever been given but that was Anne over energetic, always acting like she's high off sugar or caffeine.

You'd think with her having quads she'd always be exhausted her quads are the same age as me. They visit every summer for the entire summer it would always be Anne and the kids. Someone would have to stay back to care for the store. Tom didn't seem to mind.

My father usually had to travel for work. He always made sure to have enough assignments to keep himself busy for the entire summer.

Being desi you have to remember the name of every single person you meet so I remember all of them.

The eldest of the group was Dawn she had blonde hair and green eyes.

The second eldest was Richard (Ricky for short) he was shorter but still had blonde hair but he also had ocean blue eyes just like Anne.

The cool one (but also the most idiotic) of the group was Dicky he had a brown bob cut (like a tinier lord Farquad) with brown eyes.

The youngest of the four Nicholas (Nicky for short) he had short dark brown hair.

He was considered the baby of the quads and I don't blame them from my memory he always looked the youngest compared to his siblings.

I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when my mom pinched me.

"AH MA" I shrieked "give aunty Anne the sweets" she whispered.

I totally forgot that I was holding the boxes of sweets "Aunty Anne" I started.

"One sec honey let me help out this customer and try to herd my quads up" she said while walking away.

"Where is that husband of her's" my mother complained "I don't know" I responded.

I felt a tap on my shoulder I turned around and saw the familiar blonde and her quads I remember all of them from the time we met.

"Here I made all of your favourites plus some new ones Aunty Anne" I said with a smile while giving her the sweets.

"Oh my goodness honey! Your a better cook than your mother" she said as she tried one.

"Well Aunty I learned from the best" I said while hugging my mom.

"Sorry honey for being rude but this is too good" she said with a mouth full once she finally swallowed she spoke.

I heard the over energetic voice that could only come from Anne's mini me "ZARA" I heard Dawn scream

"Come to the café I wanna  talk" she demanded.

"Sure but only if it's okay with my mom" I replied.

"Go, go, go as much as I love you need to get out more" she said while shoving me.

" Wow that's pretty low if even my mother is telling me to get a life" I said while walking with dawn.

"We know a bit about you current situation Zara and we're here if you wanna talk" Ricky said in a comforting way.

"honestly I wouldn't wanna talk if I found out that my father left and also had a secret family" Dicky said innocently.

The three of his siblings shot him a wtf look. "What ohhhhhh" he said in realization. "Sorry Zara I didn't realize" he said in an apologetic tone.

"Something you alReAdy knOw is that dicky often spEAks before he thINks" Nicky said with multiple voice cracks.

Before I realized I had burst into laughing while his face turned bright red. Once I settled down I began to speak "it's okay your still the same as I remembered you guys".

"Well I remember you Zara even if my other 3 don't, your the coolest most brave chick I now still to this day" Dicky said with a wink.

"Dicky please we ALL remember her we visit her every summer remember?" Ricky recalled

"Do you guys know where there is an Asian Market here" I asked.

"Well I don't know since I don't cook but if you need a taste tester remember I'm at the top of that list okay?" Dawn replied with a wink.

"Okay I'll put you right after my mother and YOUR mother" I said with a suppressed laugh.

"The only ones that know how to cook in this family is our mother and Nicky" said Ricky while responding to my question.

"Nicky maybe you can take me there?" I asked "sure just give me a time and place" he tried to say as smooth as possible "okay it's a date" I said in a smile.

Hi guys Author here if you have any recommendations please feel free to comment!!!
Bai ducklings