Chapter 4 - just a baby

When we entered the store it smelled amazing.

The smell of all the spices, fresh produce, the freshly baked sweets.

I was truly put into my happy place.

Why should I make myself upset over my father when I can be a happy a kid on Christmas day.

I was literally jumping from one stall to the next.

Nicky's POV:

She looked much better than a few minutes ago.

"So what are you making?" I asked.

"I don't know for the first time in forever I have no clue there's too much variety" She said in a bit of a more shocked tone.

"Well what's your favourite dish?" I asked her.

"Well it's this vegetarian curry with potatoes and cauliflower I know it doesn't sound very good but paired with the right flavoured lassi (which is only mango) and freshly made naan is the most filling meal you will ever have" she explained.

"That actually sounds really good" I said in awe then I heard my stomach rumble.

"Well it sounds like your stomach agrees with you" she giggled.

I grabbed a basket and so did she.

She started handing me things to put in my basket.

Once my basket became full she handed me hers too.

"Why so much I thought you were just making curry?" I asked.

"Me? I thought Ricky said you were a cook?" She asked in surprise.

"I am" I stated "well, all good chefs need a sous chef" she said in a sly tone.

"Oh?" I asked "it means that your helping me if you want to great if you don't then oh well" she said with a satisfied grin.

Zara's POV:

God what is happening to me! Am I flirting? I need to stop my self.

Cmon Zara! Shut your mouth don't at any thing else!

" well then consider me your sous chef madame" Nicky said while struggling to hold both baskets.

"Hold on there" I said while grabbing a basket "if your going to become my sous chef your going to need to start working out."

His face turned bubblegum pink from embarrassment.

"Well excuse you but I have been as a matter of fact" he stated while trying to flex his arms.

"Look at these guns go ahead give 'em a squeeze" he said full of himself.

I walked up to him with basket in hand and pinched his arm.

He screeched from the action.

"Honey you call those guns look at these" I said while flexing my arms.

He walked up to me I thought he was going to squeeze them but he swerved and went for my waist tickling it.

From the motion I dropped the basket and started laughing.

I didn't care what people were thinking of us.

"Ohhhh your going to regret that Harper" I said once I settled.

I launched myself on him and started tickling him in the exact same spots.

He held his hands up "I call truce!" He said in defeat.

"HEY!!YOU IF YOUR NOT CHECKING OUT THEN LEAVE!!" An angry worker yelled out.

"We better get going" he said while getting up and wiping the dirt off his jeans.

"Yea if we don't leave now we won't have enough time to cook."

Once we checked out and left we started walking back. Nicky yawned it was the perfect time to tease him " aww is the baby Harper tired?" I said in baby talk.

"Excuse me! But I'm the most talented of the Harper quads" he exclaimed.

" okayyyyy BUT YOUR JUST A BABY!!!" I said while running away with groceries in hand.

"Your going to regret that Bailey!" He yelled out while chasing me