Point 16

Sangyeon opened his door, Younghoon holding a bag in his hand and a rose in his mouth. He shut the door.

"Oh come on! I said I was sorry!" Younghoon said loudly.

"And no amount of apologizing will make me forgive you. I'm already over it." he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Then just let me in. It's cold out here..."

Sangyeon opened the door, letting Younghoon in. They weren't any closer to pinpointing the culprit, but the bits and pieces they've gathered over the weeks were starting to make the picture clearer. Their attention had shifted from the families of the deceased to people Younghoon had scammed. He still couldn't believe he worked for someone who had so much blood and dirt on his hands.

"Say, Sangyeon. If you knew all the stuff I did to get where I am, you wouldn't want to work for me would you?"

"I don't even know why you're asking. It's a no brainer." chuckled Sangyeon. "You'd be on your own."

"Aw. I like it when you play my knight in shining armor though." laughed Younghoon, taking out the food he brought. "I hope you haven't eaten yet. Let's share, yeah?"

"No, I'm good. I was on my way out to buy groceries."

"Oh, let me come then. I know the best brands."

Sangyeon rolled his eyes, allowing him to come. They engaged in idle conversation the entire way, Younghoon doing most of the talking.

"And that was the last I heard from her. I'm telling you, relationships are hard when you're as wealthy as me." sighed Younghoon, making himself appear pitiful.

"Poor you." Sangyeon responded sarcastically, completely unmoved by his story.

"Hey! I'm serious. All they want is your money and the moment you stop, they toss you aside. I just want someone who wants me for me, you know?"

"Well that's kind of hard considering one, your life is in constant danger and two, even if it wasn't, you're known everywhere in Korea. Those chances are little to none." he said, putting it in perspective. "Looks like it'll be you and your hand for a while."

"O- Oi!" he shouted embarrassed after a chuckling Sangyeon.

They entered the supermarket, Sangyeon checking his list. Younghoon paid him a little extra last paycheck so maybe he could splurge on sweets a bit.

"Anything I can help with?"

"Hm. Flour is usually hard for me to find. You can look for that."

"Just flour?"

Sangyeon gave him a look before walking off. Everything was relatively easy to find, giving him time to wisely pick his sweets. Lately he's been home less so it wouldn't do to buy cakes. Maybe something he could take with him in the go. Cookies? If he didn't mind eating it in pieces. It was then he saw it. Donuts in ball form. It was perfect.

"So that's what you're into."

He let out a startled yelp, people around looking at them. Sangyeon fumed, more out of anger than embarrassment.

"Don't sneak up on people! Why didn't you say anything and instead decide to be creepy and watch me?!" he hissed, picking up a box.

"Well you seemed really focused so I didn't want to break that. And you were reaching out to pick it up so I figured you were done. Also, here. Your flour." Younghoon said as he placed it in the basket.

"Alright, that's everything I need."

"That's it?"

"I'm not home as much as I used to be so less time to cook. I wouldn't have this issue if someone didn't decide to make themselves public enemy #1."