Point 18

It was dead silent. Sangyeon tightly held onto Younghoon, trying to steady his breathing. He never thought they'd go that far and yet here they were, covered in rubble. The best thing they could do was stay still and wait for help.

"Sangyeon...?"

"Don't speak. You're hurt."

Younghoon tried moving but Sangyeon kept him in place. The last thing they needed was for one move to make their situation worse. Sangyeon perked up at the sound of faint voices. He shouted out, keeping movement to a minimum.

"Survivors spotted! Two of them!"

The rescuers got to work, carefully moving debris. Younghoon was handed off, Sangyeon stuck underneath.

"I'm surprised either of you lived with how close you were to the explosion." they commented.

"Me too..." he coughed, blood dripping from his mouth. "Ugh..."

"Hey, stay with me...!"

Onlookers and workers stood outside, wondering what'll happen from now on. Even the office wasn't safe anymore. An officer came out front, turning on her blow horn.

"To those who work at the office, your boss has stated that you're all required to work from home if you decide to continue working here. If not, I wish you the best in your future endeavors." she announced before walking off.

Whispering and murmuring went on, some unsure if they wanted to leave because the job paid really well compared to most jobs. And it wasn't like Mr Kim was a bad boss, it was just him being in danger was putting them in danger. A group started clamoring, watching a badly injured Sangyeon being wheeled off. Paramedics did their best to keep them at bay, realizing they must be friends of the injured.

"I told that idiot and he didn't listen to me!" a guy shouted in frustration, unable to stop his tears.

"Didn't he tell you why at least?"

"No. He said he couldn't... now look at him..."

Everyone was forced to go home, a piece of the building splitting off and falling to the ground.

Younghoon awoke, his body aching all over. What happened? They were talking then heard commotion downstairs. Then a blast... It all came back to him. Sangyeon. What happened to him?

"Ah, you're up. How do you feel?"

"Broken..."

"Not surprising considering you broke a few ribs and your arm." she spoke, checking whatever was on her clipboard.

"Wait, what about the man who was with me? Lee Sangyeon? Pretty brown eyes?"

"He's... how to put it nicely... still breathing." she decided on before leaving.

That told him absolutely nothing. He needed to see with his own eyes how he was doing. Yet the pain in his body kept him in bed. The nurse came back with a doctor.

"Miss, I need to see Lee Sangyeon."

"You're not leaving this room for a week you know." the doctor commented.

"Well can you tell me how my friend is doing? This nurse told me nothing!" he snapped.

"What's the name?"

"Lee Sangyeon."

The doctor frowned, now understanding why she didn't say much.

"Your friend I heard was pretty battered when they pulled him out. Broken arm, leg, several ribs and a skull fracture." the doctor repeated what they heard. "It's a wonder he didn't die protecting you, so I hear."