Point 25

Sangyeon was released, instructed to use his crutches or cane to get around if he wanted his leg to fully heal. The car ride home was a nervous one. Would he come back to a messy home? He hoped Younghoon didn't betray his trust.

Sangyeon stopped in front of his door, relieved it was still intact. He unlocked it, the place quiet. He moved around, inspecting everywhere. It was when his wiped a finger across the kitchen counter that surprised took over his face. Why was it dusty? He fumbled around for his phone, calling Younghoon.

"The number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service."

No. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. He knew he wasn't supposed to call but it was an emergency.

"Please answer...!" he prayed, if ringing for the third time.

"What."

"Hellju, I know I'm not supposed to call but Younghoon-"

"He's with me. I only took him in to work for me." he explained before hanging up.

Sangyeon collapsed onto his couch, sighing in relief. Now they could focus on finding the culprit. It felt like yesterday he was close to death. Actually, with Hellju watching over him, maybe he could get his normal life. Maybe moving with his mom wasn't such a fruitless idea. The papers came back to mind. Could he really just abandon him after everything he read? Yep.

Sangyeon started packing essentials, calling his mother on the side. She didn't answer. Odd. He tried a few more times and got the same result. A chilling feeling went down his spine. It couldn't be. He rushed out of his home, making his way to his mother's.

Younghoon washed dishes, lost in thought. He had no idea what to do anymore. No one was targeting his life and he had no business to run. He looked towards a closed door before painfully looking away. Juyeon wouldn't talk to him either. He didn't even know how Sangyeon was doing once Juyeon picked him up off the streets.

The door open, Younghoon looking up from dirty dishes. They locked eyes but said nothing. Younghoon looked away, knowing he had nothing to say.

"Hoon."

He nearly dropped the dish in surprise. Juyeon was speaking to him?

"You're speaking to me...?"

"Don't make me regret it."

"Alright. Do you need help...?"

"No. I was going to tell you something you might like. Your assistant knowingly broke a rule because he was worried about you." he said before heading to the bathroom.

Younghoon scrambled for the house phone, trying to call Sangyeon. It took him a while to realize the phone was disconnected. If he made it quick, he could call back on his cellphone.

Juyeon came out, hearing a sound. He looked into his room, seeing Younghoon happily talking on his phone. His first instinct was to take it back and put him out, but seeing how empty he looked until now... Juyeon let him talk a bit longer before making his presence known.

"O- Oh. I need to go..."

"Don't hang up, just hand it over."

Younghoon did as he was told, fearing the worst.

"Sangyeon. Feels like I just talked to you. Listen, if you want to talk to him, figure out another way that doesn't include me being a middleman. And don't even think about coming to my home. Good? Great! Goodbye."

Younghoon swallowed hard, ready to face his wrath.

"Normally I'd be pissed beyond measure and kick you out, but seeing you not looking like an empty shell was a welcome sight. Now get back to cleaning. A busy mind is a healthy one."

Younghoon nodded, fleeing the room. He's become so pitiful. Everyone who cared warned him about getting involved and look where he ended up. He had no one to blame but himself.

Sangyeon came in for therapy, once more being advised to still do his stretches and use his leg within accepted limits.

"Mr Lee, what happened to that dashing young man who'd come to visit?"

"Oh... He's going through things. I don't think he'll be coming back."

"Then why is he standing right there?"

He turned, a less fancy looking Younghoon waving at him. The attendant shouted after Sangyeon who sprinted towards the visitor, uncaring about his leg issues.

"Wow. Didn't think you'd miss me... at all."

"I uh... was just glad to see you're okay. Any attempts on your life?"

"No. It's been really quiet. Too quiet to the point it's freaking me out."

"Have you never known peace?"

A shake. Younghoon could see the attendant glaring, so he picked Sangyeon up to sit on his lap and get off his leg. Normally he'd protest but he was strangely quiet.

"Thank you..." he whispered.

The attendant couldn't hear but they didn't need words to see those two had a yearning for each other. They'd allow a longer break just to see how this developed.

"How's your leg? Any better?"

"Yeah. One more week and it should be fully healed."

"That's good. Again, I'm sorry. I could've gotten you killed... Someone close to me that's innocent could've died..." he mumbled, holding him tight.

Sangyeon flailed, his face flushing. Why was he being sappy all of a sudden? Younghoon let him go, helping him back over to the attendant.

"The reason I came here was to say goodbye. Neither of you will see me again and I hope they see that you both have nothing to with me. You've both suffered enough."

"Wait-"

The attendant held onto him as Younghoon hurried out. He was still being dumb! How was he planning to survive? He'd be lucky if anyone hired him with all the rumors surrounding him.

"Mr Lee, let's finish up so you can go home and rest."

His gaze lingered by the door before finally turning around. Maybe it was better like this. Maybe they were better off separated. Yet hearing him talk to him on the phone before... None of it felt right.

"Mr Lee, I need your full focus so you don't hurt yourself."

"I can't. I'm worried... What if he gets killed in an accident or purposefully? I have to change his mind. It's my duty as his bodyguard."

"And do you see what being around him has done to you? You nearly lost your life."

He knew. He knew but he was a mess, all of his feelings clashing with one another. He wanted to ensure his safety as his somewhat employee and a friend, but his sensible said was saying forget him and live his life.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can finish today. I'll go home and reschedule."

"I understand. Get home safe."

It used to be so easy not to care about Younghoon. What changed? Why did it change? He remembered the manila folder having only read one of the print outs. It was nothing big but it meant a lot to see Younghoon appreciated him more than he let on. He couldn't bring himself to read more, feeling guilty almost. It was like peeking into someone's diary without permission.

"What have you done to me, Younghoon... Sometimes I wish I never met you." he whispered, tightly gripping his cane.