Point 43

He was stupid. If everyone who's ever called him smart could see him now, they'd change their minds in a flash. He had no business going there, no business prying further into the past and present. Yet here he was standing outside of that building he fled from those weeks ago.

"Sangyeon, you better know what you're doing." he whispered before heading inside.

He approached the receptionist, the woman giving him an indifferent look.

"What."

"I'm here for your boss. I know I have no right to be demanding anything of anyone, especially your boss. But I have something he can't pass up. Information."

Her indifferent look never changed, but she moved to make a call.

"Someone's down here making an offer for you. Information he says." she said before glancing at him. "What do you want?"

"I know they have Younghoon. In exchange for him, I'll give them information that'll help them get the justice they want without dirtying their hands."

She relayed the message, said a few confirming words before hanging up. She gestured to the leftmost elevator. So they were going to give him the time of day. He could only hope the exchange went smoothly.

He arrived on the floor, hoping with his heart he didn't make a grave mistake. It was a win for both sides. Younghoon didn't die a pathetic death that'd go unsolved for years and the upset victims would get the justice they deserved.

He pushed open the office doors, seeing his previous captor sitting at his desk. Now that he had a good look, the guy was fairly short yet intimidating.

"So you say you have information? Information that'll get us what we deserve?"

"I can't tell you unless I know for sure that you have Younghoon. Otherwise there's no point."

"Huh. I see you've done some back alley deals before. See the goods before showing your hand." he chuckled, getting up from his seat. "Boys."

Sangyeon looked, watching two men drag a body into the room.

"You know, we were about to exact our long revenge against him. Can you believe he willingly just gave himself to us?" the man said before cackling. "We could tell him to jump off the building and he would!"

That was a mental image he didn't need. He looked again, trying to see if it really was him.

"I'll get a closer look-"

"Ah, can't let you do that. You might try to run away with him."

"Impossible. There's three of you and one of me. And Younghoon hardly looks conscious..."

The boss was adamant about keeping distance. This only raises red flags for him.

"That's not Younghoon is it?"

"Of course it is! How could it not be?"

"Then lift his head."

The guards exchanged looks before looking at their boss. Sangyeon shook his head, quickly making his way out. Not long after he heard the sound of quick footsteps hurrying after him. He should've known better than to try and negotiate with them. If he wasn't here then where was he?

The guards exited the building, seeing the lost sight of Sangyeon.

"I don't get it. Why couldn't we bring out the real Younghoon?"

"You idiot, didn't you hear the boss? Check the goods before revealing your own. Smarten up you imbecile."

They split up, hoping to cover more ground.