Point 41

Sangyeon waited inside a building, having been told someone would meet him to bring him upstairs.

"You Sangyeon?"

"Uh, Hyeon...? Is that you?"

"Yes."

Sangyeon nodded, following the indifferent man to the elevator. They took it up, getting off at the floor.

"Here."

The man knocked before stepping aside. It was silent on the other side before the door opened. Sangyeon was dragged inside, feeling as if his life were in danger.

"It's just me. Younghoon is in the bedroom."

He pushed Sangyeon forward before leaving. Sangyeon headed in the direction he pointed in, seeing a door left ajar. He gently knocked, not wanting to spook him.

"Younghoon?"

The door was pushed open, Sangyeon soon enveloped in a tight hug. Sangyeon hugged back, telling himself that he wasn't dreaming and his former boss was in fact alive and currently hugging him. He quickly realized, pushing him away with flushed cheeks.

"So you aren't dead. Not surprised." he said as coolly as possible.

"You aren't either. I'm surprised."

Sangyeon gave him a glare to which he laughed off. Younghoon soon started to stare, making him uncomfortable.

"What is it?" he asked warily.

Younghoon hooked a finger by his neck, soon revealing the necklace. Sangyeon fumbled for a response, making Younghoon's grin widen.

"You've kept it this whole time. You like me huh?"

"No! It'd be a waste to throw it away, that's all. And I dont even wear it. Just thought I'd be nice and show I still have it." explained Sangyeon. "There's no other meaning..."

"Right... So, how have things been? Any interesting news? I've... I've been in isolation here without any way to know what's going on in the world. It's safer that way."

Sangyeon started to pity him only to remember he only had himself to blame for the situation he was in.

"Nothing really. No one talks about you anymore if that's what you're looking for. And other than nearly losing my life again, things have been okay."

Younghoon wore a look of remorse. As much as he should feel responsible for getting an innocent involved, he couldn't let him wallow in sadness for too long.

"I'm also at fault, not just you. I had chances to leave but I stayed. Well, mostly since you threatened to kill me... but my point still stands. I didn't even have to come see you and yet here I am like an idiot." spoke Sangyeon with a wry smile.

"I'm glad I got to see you. If I died now I'd be a happy man." he sighed before smiling. "You should start heading out though. Don't want you staying too long."

"But we hardly spoke. I still have questions...!"

Hyeon appeared from the side, dragging him out the apartment. Sangyeon wiggled free but the door was already closed and blocked by Hyeon.

"Can I-"

"Leave."

With that he went back in, securing the locks on the door. Sangyeon reached in his pocket, hearing the bag crinkle slightly. If he knew the meeting would be so short, he would've been more honest. He took the small bag out, placing it against the door frame.

"Stay safe, Younghoon..."

The door opened, the hallway empty. Juyeon noticed the small bag, seeing a note attached. He could only shake his head.