Point 23

Younghoon often came to visit Sangyeon as he went through therapy. Sometimes they'd get moments alone where Younghoon would update him on the plan progress. The group was weirdly okay with it and didn't threaten his life like he expected. Maybe after all this time they fully trusted he wouldn't say a word.

"Then they got their home back. You know, it feels good to give." smiled Younghoon.

"Don't tell me all you ever did was take..." sighed Sangyeon.

"No, it's just... I never really had to give. I have but only because I was told to." he explained, sitting back. "I know I won't be heading to the good place just for these deeds, but at least I've redeemed myself some."

"You can look at it like that."

Younghoon watched as Sangyeon slowly moved his leg around, still struggling to walk. Thankfully his injuries would fully heal as long as he kept up with therapy. Yet he wouldn't be here if he wasn't a dirty criminal...

"Why are you frowning? Are you thinking of something you shouldn't be?" fussed Sangyeon, holding his wrist.

"What? No. Just thinking about how quiet they've been since I've been paying my dues." he lied, twiddling his thumbs. "I know there's someone out there who will never forgive no matter what I do..."

"Yes, but at least they won't be trying to kill you anymore."

Younghoon had his doubts, but didn't say anything in response. They sat in silence until Sangyeon was called that his break was over. Younghoon waved, now left to his own thoughts. Humans were unpredictable. Just when you think everything is okay, you get stabbed in the back both literally and figuratively. He couldn't let his guard down even when he was dirt poor.

Sangyeon finished therapy, limping out to see Younghoon had left. Didn't he promise to stay longer? Sangyeon sighed, making his way back to his room. Now that he was left alone with his thoughts, the thought of what he'd do after being discharged arose. He didn't have a plan for something like this. Would he continue working with Younghoon or try to cut all ties.

It was only now that he realized he no longer had a phone. All his pictures and contacts gone. A knock on the door disrupted his thoughts. He allowed them in, his mother happily walking over to hug and kiss him.

"Some weirdo told me this is a gift for you from your horrible boss." she said, handing him the bag.

He looked inside, pulling out a brand new phone. An envelope sat at the bottom. It contained a note explaining his data was recovered and moved to the new sd card. That was surprisingly thoughtful of him. Good thing he remembered before he went broke.

"So he replaced your phone? What about everything you had on your phone?" she muttered.

"It's on this. They saved it." he smiled, his mother still wary. "He's not all bad mom."

Though he actually was if she knew everything buried in the shadows. He sighed, starting up his new phone to use.

"Yeonie, I was thinking... Why don't we move elsewhere? Another province maybe." she suggested, looking to him for a response.

"I don't know. It was like what I was telling Younghoon. Just because we're not together doesn't mean I'm still not helping in the background. I'm still in danger." he sighed, ruffling his hair. "There's no way out for me unless I kill him with my own hands."

"Sangyeon!" she hissed, gently hitting his arm.

"It could happen. They set off a bomb for pete's sake, mom!"

She knew but she couldn't stand the thought of her son becoming a murderer. This was all Younghoon's fault. She should've had him apply elsewhere for work.