V

In the endless nights of Union City, a woman named Nicio Ducruex was sleeping peacefully....

Nicio: "Ace!" She shouted as she awakes in a grasslands

Ace: "What's the matter Nicio?" He said "I'm here"

Nicio: "Impossible! I saw the news reports of your death" she said

Ace: "Death?" He said as he released a light laugh "You must be dreaming again"

Nicio just smiled and never ask again "I think you're right"

Ace just layes down to her side "It's so peaceful here and I wanted to bring the one I love here"

Nicio: "Pretty peaceful, away from the world, Union, everything"

Time went fast in the dreaming....

Nicio beared a child while in the dreaming but the couple didn't realize that consequence..

Nicio: "What should we name him?"

Ace: "Hmmm....." He thinks as he gained a idea "What about Zane?"

Nicio: "Really so biblical Ace" she said "That's a good idea"

Ace carried the child as he said "Hello Zane, say hello to mama and papa"

Zane: "Papa" he said

Nicio: "Oh he said his first word!" She said

Time past...

Ace was plowing the land as he saw someone walking it's Nightmare.

Nightmare: "Hello Ace Chordettes" he greets

Ace: "Do I know you?" He asked

Nightmare: "You don't know me but I know you" he said as he plunge his hands through his stomach making him a donut

Ace cough with blood as he said "What are you doing here?"

Nightmare: "Buddy I've been asking that exact same question" he said

Nicio: "Ace!" She said looking at the dead man.

Until a figure appeared out of the sand...

Nightmare removed his arm from the dead as it dropped on the ground disappearing in a mere seconds

Dream: "You have guts to return, Nightmare" he said

Nightmare: "Aren't you going to destroy me?" He said "That's right you can't, not without your tools"

Dream: "I am benevolent here in the Dreaming" he said

Nightmare: "You're getting weak, my lord" he said

Dream: "All I wanted to your function is to instill fear on the mortals" he said "Be a opposite of the sweet dreams"

Nightmare: "I maybe your favorite child because you know I'm here to kill you" he said as he rushed at Dream.

Dream and Nightmare fight around the dreams of mortal from the dreams of the man of steel to the man of iron as they clashed through the cosmos bringing them back to Nicio Ducruex dream.

Nightmare: "All these dreams and nightmares and you just decided to sit on your throne?"

Dream: "As the ruler of the dreams, I demand you to surrender Nightmare!" He said

Nightmare noticed that his lord was about to break as he put a cleanse tag in his forehead.

Nightmare: "This will prevent you from getting energy through the dreams of mortals" he said "I got it on a certain Japanese merchant"

Nightmare then laugh as he mocked his lord one last time "Farewell, My Lord" as he disappeared

Dream was just laying in the ground as he was helped by Nicio..

Dream: "Greetings, Nicio Ducruex" he said

Nicio: "You know me?"

Dream: "I knew you even before your story get told" he said

Nicio: "Could you bring Ace back" she asked

Dream: "The dead don't belong in the dreaming but on the sunless lands" he said

Nicio: "How could you be this cruel? Because we mortals changed you? Because some imprisoned you and thought everyone was like the head of Union?" She said "Does even love have place in dreams?"

Dream: "Love doesn't belong to the dreaming" he said "It belong to Desire's as he was cruel so does love"

Nicio just teared up considering that the Lord of Dreams have a heart of a stone, they arrived at the cabin where the young Zane was being kept.

Dream: "You have conceived a child in the dreaming?!" He said

Nicio: "Why?" She asked

Dream: "Since you and Ace conceived a child in the Dreaming, he is a part of me" he said

Nicio: "Please don't" she said as she kneel down to the dream lord

Dream: "I'll take the child as he was a part of the dreaming" he said "He shall be my successesor"

Nicio: "Why do you have to be this cruel!" She said "If you're truly a god why do you act out of pettiness and vengefulness."

Dream: "That's the thing Nicio Ducruex, I'm not a god" he said as he disappeared with the flowing sand..

His travel was tiring as he accidentally dropped Zane in the House of Mystery and Secret as he tried to navigate himself to the dreams of mortals.

He goes in a dream of a Hunter wanting to be a hero like those in stories.

Then at a dream of a young man whom dreamed himself into becoming a benevolent hero.

A dream of a cat which asked their existence why do they live as they do?

From the dreams of cat from the ocean of dreams as the currents was damaging his vessel as he arrives Infront of the House of Mystery and Secrets.

He layed in the ground as a gargoyle seen him.

Dream: "Hello Gregory" he said

With no hesitation the Gargoyle carried the dream lord to the house...

A/n: "This is a very short chapter, I'll be replacing Daniel Hall in this fanfic"