i. summary + author's note

S U M M A R Y 

The contract is simple: if Jack hides the dead body, Isla will act as his fake date during a wedding. Simple, minus the fact that they're sworn work enemies. 

* * * * 

After the humiliating rejection from her crush, Isla Chen turns to black magic in hopes of curing her heartbreak—but now there's a dead body in the bathroom and she's stuck with a mess. 

A mess that includes her infuriatingly attractive co-worker Jack Lim, fake dating, and a wedding filled with witches and warlocks. Between escaping murder charges and acting as a fake date, Isla must figure out how to fix her life. Pronto. 

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E 

hi everyone! it's been a while but i'm here now and with my newest book: a murderer's guide to fake dating. i wanted to write a paranormal story but (and for the people who have read my earlier works) i also really love writing things on the rom-com ish side. so this is my attempt at doing both: you'll have witches + weddings, fake dating, and (ofc) enemies to lovers, to name a few. 

anyways, thanks for clicking on this story and hopefully you enjoy it! also definitely feel free to give any constructive criticism because i'm always looking to improve my writing. again, thanks for reading! 

genre | status | started | ended | update schedule 

paranormal rom com | ongoing | oct. 3 2022 | N/A | fridays! 

Copyright © 2022 Arlene Zhou

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or used in any manner without the prior written permission of the copyright owner, except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.