1

"Listen up everyone. The reason I called you all here is due to the can't that we've got a new recruit."

Most of the operators begin to buzz with excitement as Harry made the announcement.

"I wonder if it's a guy," says Frost.

"Maybe pretty lady with nice figure," crows Maestro.

"Whoever they are better not hold us back," Caveira grumbles.

"Now now. Everyone listen up."

Silence falls as Harry raises his hands. "Tell us what this new operator is like," Ash says, voice carrying through the large room.

Harry sighs. "The operator will be here in a few hours. They'll be on the offensive side first then switch to defense."

A few cheer, some groan, others indifferent. "What's their name?"

Anticipation fills the operators as they wait for Harry to continue. A cloud covers the sun, sending the once bright room into a dark pale light, the man grinning.

"Babayaga."

——————————

"Look!"

Running to one of the windows at the front, Frost waits in anticipation as she watches the car pull up.

A hooded figure steps out of the back, strapped to the teeth with knives and guns, a duffel tossed over one shoulder and a case clutched in the other hand.

"Good lord. Twat must be carryin' everythin' he owns." Thatcher stands next to Frost, the others all awaiting eagerly at either the other windows or at the front door.

"Let's go welcome the poor sap."

Frost turns away, following Thatcher just as Mozzie ran past, eagerly jumping around with loud cheers and shouts.

"That Aussie bastard needs to chill out," Frost hears Thatcher say. "You can say that again." The trio stands with Tachanka and Dokkaebi by the front door, watching as the large wooden slab swings open slowly.

"Welcome!" The people surrounding the door cheer, but were met with an empty porch.

Frost watches as Ash looks around outside, turning back with a frown. "Gone."

The once lively mood fades as they deflate. Ash closes the door, smiling. "Maybe the new operator is just a little shy. Let's try to stay positive everyone."

There was a long silence, everyone dispersing after a few seconds.

Frost and Thatcher walk with Tachanka and Sledge, all four headed for the living area where Yäger was already sitting with Mute, the two in a chess match.

"Something wrong?"

Frost flops down into a chair, pulling her beanie off and running a hand through her hair. "The new operator. They didn't show up."

Yäger pauses, turning to look at them. "Operator's name is Babayaga. Fits well. Something tells me he's in here, just waiting."

Frost jolts up, looking around. This gets Tachanka to sigh. "You know what Babayaga means, correct?" Frost shrugs. "I think so."

Tachanka leans forward, looking around. "Boogeyman." He leans back, watching the entrances to the room. "You know this, Boogeyman?"

Tachanka scoffs. "Only stories. About how lone person took down entire platoon in dead of night. Ask Doc. He seems to know who Babayaga is."

Frost jumps up, nodding. "Right!"

Sledge stands too, Yäger and Mute looking at each other before shrugging and following along.

It didn't take long to find Doc, seeing as he spent most days like these in his room. Rapping on the door, the four wait as they hear shuffling on the other side. The door flies open, Frost recoiling in surprise as she looks at Doc. His hair was a mess, his shirt rumpled, and the man looked distressed. "Doc, what's wrong?"

She shakes his head. "Nothing to worry about."

Frost frowns. "Is it about the new op?"

Doc freezes, looking at her and the three other men behind. He sighs. "Not good. Not good. She should've stayed out of here. Now, who knows what's going to happen? Merde! Cette femme doit toujours être là où je ne veux pas que son cul soit!"

He slams the door, leaving the four stunned. "Well that went well," Sledge says after a second. "Maybe we should go to Harry. He'll have answers."

Finding Harry in his office, Frost slams her hands on the table. This gets Harry's attention, looking at the operator, then the other three who were looking at her in what was assumed as surprise. "Who the hell is the Babayaga?" Harry chuckles. "Still haven't met her yet? Her reputation does seem to exceed expectations."

Frost stands up straight, folding her arms. "She was in GIGN. Worked with the Navy Seals and Spetsnaz on numerous occasions. Has killed over 400 people, one of which was a platoon. And the way she did it, don't get me started. Just be glad she isn't against you."

Frost was handed a manila folder, the woman opening it. She looks in astonishment at the long list, showing it to the other three operators standing behind her.

"Jesus. This lady is dangerous."

"You sure you got the Nationality correct? She seems Russian."

"It's all correct." Frost does another once over, she and the three operators leave the office with the folder still in her hands. "Make sure you return it!"

"No wonder Doc is scared of her."

"He just respects her." The folder was plucked out o Frost's hands, the four looking at Kapkan as he walks past. "Don't look in someone's life. That's Six's job."

Frost sighs. "He's right. We shouldn't have done that."

"Honestly, I'm surprised that have a picture of her in her gear. They usually have our faces on it." Frost rolls her eyes. "Is that what's got you worked up? Her face?"

"What? She could be a pretty lady." Frost elbows Sledge, the man hissing as he rubbed his arm.

"Did you see that part where it mentioned Doc?" Frost looks at Yäger. "Guess not."

The German waves his hand, walking past. "Never mind. Not important." Frost groans. "Oh come on! Don't hold out on us now!"

"Mute, still ready for that match?" The silent man walks by, leaving Frost and Sledge.

"Guess we just wait for her to show up on her own time." The Brit nodded, waving to Frost. "See ya 'round love."

"By Sledge."