4

Waking up to a loud explosion, Layla jolts forward. Her head whirls around, gripping the seat belt she had on as the helicopter was flung around. The team all hang on for life, the large metal vehicle crashing to the ground. Smoke covers her visor, Layla groaning as she hung to the side. Unbuckling the seatbelt, she clatters to the ground in a heap, letting out a groan of pain.

'Σκατά.'

Standing up, Layla shakes Ash who had a deep cut on her cheek. The redhead groans, looking at Layla who was hunched over, hauling the firearms and ammo out of the plane. "Come on leader. Get others."

Layla shakes Tachanka, seeing a piece of metal lodged in his armor, blood dripping to the ground. "Chanka, wake up." The fire grows more intense, the heat wrapping around Layla's body.

Loud curses fly from her mouth, unbuckling the seatbelt and attempting to lower the bulky man to the ground. "Small exit under the helicopter. I lift, you and others get out." Ash shakes Glaz, the Russian groaning as he slowly looks around. "What happened?"

Ash undoes his buckle, the man toppling to the ground. He spews loud curses, Layla jumping up and shaking Doc. "Wake up." He doesn't budge, Layla unhooking his seatbelt and letting the man fall. Glaz catches Doc, Layla landing next to him. Layla girls the burning hot metal, hissing out in pain. She lifts the helicopter with as much effort as she could, Glaz standing next to her and helping. Lion comes into view, holding Yäger in his arms. "Get them out," Layla says through gritted teeth, sweat soaking her body as she and Glaz held the helicopter up just far enough for them to get out.

Slowly the unconscious people were pulled out, and once the last one was out, the two let go immediately.

Layla gazes at her hands, her flesh charred and burnt in different areas. "We'll push on this so you two can get out," Ash says over the roaring fire. The helicopter creaks, a large opening big enough for the two to crawl through slowly appearing. Layla dives under, crawling quickly from under the burning construction before helping Ash and Lion push the helicopter up. Glaz follows suit, the three stepping back once he was completely out.

Layla sits back on the grass, pulling her helmet off. Her black locks cascade down her plate carrier, the shorter parts sticking to her sweat-covered face, green eyes dull as she gazed at the burning heli.

"We must leave before the White Mask sees us." Layla stands up, grimacing as she keeps an arm wrapped around her lower abdomen. "Only problem, four of us and five of them."

Looking around, Layla points to a group of cars. Ash nods. "Good idea. When we get everyone there, then move into the building next to it. We hide out, gather our thoughts, and radio in."

Slinging her thankfully unharmed gun over her shoulder, Layla squats down next to Tachanka and gives him a once over. 'Shrapnel in his side. Out of commission.' Letting out a sigh, Layla hoists the bulky man up and drags him over to the car pileup.

"Six, this is Ash. There's been an accident. Our team's heli was taken down. One was injured with a possibility of more, and five were unconscious. Over."

"Get somewhere safe for the time being. I'll send in reinforcements. Over."

"Steer clear of sector 9. Masks are crawling all over the place there. Over."

"Copy that. Over and out."

Setting Tachanka against a car, Layla looks over to see while Glaz was getting Yäger, Ash and Lion were taking point. 'Good idea.'

Layla runs back, looking at Doc. Blood and ash coated his skin, but his breathing seemed normal. Same as Tachanka's.

Pulling the man over, Layla lays him on the ground before taking his helmet and face mask off.

"Με κοροιδεύεις!"

Blood coated Doc's face, dripping onto the debris-ridden ground with a large gash on his head. "What happened?"

Layla wads up the face cover, pressing it against the wound. He groans eyes scrunched up before relaxing. "Doc, wake up."

He doesn't budge.

Letting out a frustrated growl, Layla hoists Doc up and gets into the building Ash was posted at, setting him in the safest-looking room before walking out and doing the same with Yäger. Glaz got Tachanka, Lion, and Ash following close behind them. Once everyone was in the room, Layla looked at their weapons and possible bags brought. "Doc's medical supplies."

Ash whips around, and Layla could see her eyebrows raise over her sunglasses. "Shit! We left them in the helicopter."

Layla runs outside, getting halfway across the street just as the helicopter blew up. She stops, the heat wave washes over her body and blows dust everywhere. "Ace, come back! There's nothing we can do!"

Layla turns around, jogging back. She goes faster just as a gunshot goes off, shouting for the others to go inside as more shots ring through the air. Breaking into the building, Layla lets out a relieved sigh. "Great. Now we're being watched."

"Better us than second team."

Bang