9

"How did you get the name, Babayaga?"

Looking up from her phone, Layla sees Frost and Thermite sitting in front of her. "Killed people," she simply states, going back to the blueprint on her phone.

"We know, but how did you get the name?"

Standing up and walking out of the room, Layla plugs in her earbuds. "Oh come on Ace! Just tell us," Frost pleads. Layla throws her door shut after entering, getting Thermite and Frost to stop following her. She grabs a tablet set on her table, the blueprint shown on the screen. She sits down in the dark room, plugging in her earbuds and continuing her work.

----------

"So Layla. How is your time in Rainbow so far?"

Flicking the pencil up on the desk, Layla shrugs. "Although your first week was quite odd - having spent three days out in the field."

Another shrug.

Six sighs. "Listen. I know you don't want to relive those memories, but you need to find some way to externalize them." Six sits down in his chair, looking at Layla. "Listen. I know that you aren't comfortable talking to new people about your problem. So, maybe you can go talk to Doc."

Tensing up, Layla halts on all movements. The pencil drops next to her, loud Greek curses spewing from the woman. Six holds his hands up. "It's an alternative instead of talking to someone you don't know. Everyone is different. But if not then you're stuck with me. So at least tell me you've done the packet I gave." Layla shakes her head. "Go finish it and bring it to me tomorrow."

The chair she sat in clatters to the ground, the woman stomping out of the room. "Layla-"

"Πήγαινε να γαμηθείς!"

Throwing her door closed, Layla growls as she stalks over to the long-forgotten binder.

"Σκατά σκατά σκατά!"

Her hands ball into fists, watching the binder hit her door before clattering to the ground. She groans, sitting down with her back against the wall.

There was a long silence, her eyes glinting in the low light as the raven stared at the item on the floor.

A rough knocking on the door makes Layla growl, gripping the bridge of her nose as she walks over. Kicking the binder out of the way, Layla pulls the door open as a string of incoherent mutters pass through the room.

"Αν ένα ακόμη άτομο χτυπήσει αυτήν την πόρτα, θα κατασκηνώσω έξω από τις πόρτες όλων με ένα γκλόκ. What!"

Eyes blazing as she looks at the operator in front of her, the raven recoils in confusion as she stares at the man in front of her. "Kapkan?"

"Mind going to training with me and friends?"

She looks at the binder on the floor, shrugging her shoulders. "Why not?"

He turns away, and Layla takes a peak to see that Montagne, Rook, and Zofia were there waiting.

She hesitates for a second but eventually follows.

Staying in the back, Layla shoves her hands in her pockets as she watches the four converse and laugh.

Rook looks back at Layla who was kicking at the floor, waving at her. "Let's go, newbie. We've got places to be."

"Rook, she will kick your ass if you don't shut up." He smiles at Layla, the woman rushing to catch up with them. Zofia gives her a nod. "Don't stress too much."