2

"I thought you had given up on drinking."

Looking up from her hunched position, the woman pulls the bottle closer to her as she looks at the Frenchman sitting three seats away. "Doc," she grumbles, taking a long swig. "Don't be den mother. Irritating."

The man rolls his eyes. "Says you." She stands up, stumbling slightly as her vision blurs. She hears footsteps approaching, holding a hand out. "Don't." Stumbling to the doorway, she hears Doc speak. "What happened out there?" She gives him a brief look, green eyes flashing for a second. The raven turns back, throwing the door open. She shuffles out of the door, taking another long swig as she continued down the hall.

"Layla!"

Flipping the man off, Layla continues. She pushes her door open, slamming it as she walked into the pitch-black room. She slides down the metal slab, clutching the large bottle in her hand as she weaved a hand through her hair.

'Everything that could've gone wrong, did.'

----------

"It's nice to finally meet you in person."

Layla leaned back in her chair, arms folded as she looked at the man in front of her. "Six, what's the meaning of this?"

Closing the folder in front of him, Six folds his hands together. "I have to do an evaluation."

Layla rolls her eyes, standing up and ready to walk out. "It's a must, Layla. You can fight the masks by yourself, but you'll end up killing yourself."

The woman turns around, the visor of her helmet blocking the heated glare she was giving Six.

"It'll take a week tops unless you don't cooperate."

'Ο γιος της σκύλας. Θα σπρώξω τα παπούτσια σου μέχρι τον κώλο σου που θα βήχεις λάστιχο όλη σου τη ζωή.'

"Please, take a seat."

Layla flops back into the chair, folding her arms. "So, tell me what your family life was like."

"Don't you have it in that folder?" A Greek accent covered her words, a slight Romanian undertone following it and making it hard to understand her words.

Six smiles. "I want to hear your experience." Layla stays silent, Six's smile never leaving his face. "Maybe we'll start with an easier question. How was your last tour?" That gets Layla to stiffen up, the woman gripping the arms of the chair.

Layla's head darts to the side, her entire body freezing up. "Layla, look at me." Her head slowly cranes towards Six, his smile falling slightly as he looks at her. "Take off the helmet."

There was a small moment of hesitation, but the woman finally pulls it off.

Long black curls spill down her back, a long thick curtain covering her tanned face, olive skin glinting in the light, two scars covering her face, pale marks wrapping around her neck before disappearing under the large bulky vest.

She looks up, green eyes that were once lively, now dull voids as Six looked at a shell of what was once a person. She keeps her head down, sliding the helmet back on. "Just because that armor kept you safe from physical harm, doesn't mean it'll keep you from mental harm. I can tell just by looking at you that you're suffering from severe PTSD. This isn't something you can keep bottled up, Layla. It'll stick with you until the day you die."

The woman shakes her head, Harry sighing. "Here. Fill this out and bring it to me once you're done." Looking up, Layla grips the folder, standing up. She turns away, walking to the door. "I want it back by the end of the week. And come back after lunch!"

She waves him off, rushing down the halls and to her room. Throwing the helmet off, Layla grips the doorknob tightly. Her hair falls in front of her face, gloved hands gripping the binder.

Looking at the item, she tosses it onto the table next to her before sitting in the chair right in front of it.

A long silence ensues, the raven gazing at the binder for a long time. Finally throwing the cover open, she flips through a few pages, scanning a few of the questions.

Do you use drugs or alcohol to relax?

Yes
No

Do you often find yourself waking up at night due to nightmares?

Yes
No

What past experiences do you have with traumatic events?

Do you get flashbacks to traumatic events?

Yes
No

What triggers these flashbacks?

Do you get anxiety/panic attacks?

Yes
No

Everything seemed like a blur to Layla as she sat there rereading the questions. Time ticked by, and the woman slammed the binder closed before throwing it across the room.

She mumbles inaudible curses under her breath, standing up and walking out of the dark room. She puts the helmet back on, heading for the kitchen.

There, she sees a few people making food, quietly walking in. She gains the attention of them all, immediately a woman standing in front of her with a smile. "Well hello there!"

Taking a large step back, Layla looks at the shorter redhead who was holding a hand out to her. "I'm Eliza. Or you can call me Ash. Nice to finally meet you."

Shaking her hand, Layla looks at the other two people behind the woman. As if reading her mind, Ash points to them and tells Layla their names - code names.

"This is Thermite and Finka. We're glad to finally meet you."

Layla nods. "This is Babayaga," Finka asks, voice holding a thick Russian accent.

"Her Operator name will be Ace, just so you know." Six walks in, grabbing one of the already made sandwiches, smiling at Layla. "So, ready for the evaluation?"

She quickly turns and walks away, leaving the four and going back to her room.

She lays on the bed, staring at the ceiling. It didn't take long before she began to twitch, the raven sitting up and looking at the binder. Walking over, Layla snatches the binder and stuffs it into the top drawer of her dresser, just in time for a loud knock to sound on the door.

Stalking over to the door, the raven throws the door open. She sees Six standing there with a cheesy grin, slamming it closed. "Oh come on. Just a couple hours won't hurt you."

Layla watches the door, arms folded. As expected, Six was opening it. "We can do it here if you want."

Layla walks to the table, sitting back in her seat. Six sits across from her, turning the lamp on. She jerks back, hands tightening around her arms.

"Sorry. It's just too dark to see in here."

Staying leaned back, Layla looks at Six as he sets the folder down. "I heard what happened to your team. I'm very sorry."

No response.

"Layla, how do you think I can help you?"

No response.

Six sighs. "What was your relationship with Doc?"

Layla adjusts in her seat, leaning her head onto one hand. She grabs a paper and pen, scribbling down on it.

Were friends. Life happened

Tossing the paper to Six, she once again leans back as her helmet angles to the man, gauging his reaction.

"I see. What to elaborate?"

The entire evaluation was painful, Six only got one or two words out of Layla or a short scribbled answer on a piece of paper.

Finally standing up, the man smiles. "Well, Layla, I hope your team exercises help you loosen up tomorrow."

'Training exercises?"