Chapter 3

Here is the next chapter.

Hartford, Connecticut

Stephanie was in her Hartford home packing her things as Nancy's wedding was in a couple of days.

It's a shame Paul couldn't go with her. It would've been difficult for him to sit and walk around in a big cast.

John was flying to New York tomorrow. And she wanted to meet him at the airport when he lands.

As she was packing her phone rang.

Maybe it's John Cena calling. she thought to herself.

She answers it, and it was her brother Shane McMahon.

"Hey sis. How's it going?" Shane asked.

"Oh hey Shane. I'm doing good. I just finished packing."

"Right. You're going to Nancy's wedding. How is she by the way?"

"She's doing good. It's been so long since I last saw her."

"I wish I could've gone with you, but dad needs me for the Invasion storyline."

"I know. But don't worry. I bringing a friend with me." Stephanie said.

"Who are you taking?"

Stephanie felt a little nervous.

"Promise you won't judge me Shane?" she asked.

"Sure."

"Say it Shane." she replied, a little irritated.

"Okay. I promise Steph." Shane says, not wanting to piss her off.

"I invited a guy."

"Oh. Okay. Do I know him?"

"You might. His name is John Cena."

There was a bit of silence.

"John Cena. Isn't he one of the enhancing talents from Ohio Valley Wrestling?"

Stephanie let's out a sigh. "Yep." she answers, making a popping sound at the P.

"So. how long have you two been friends?" Shane asked.

"For the past few months. We met while I was visiting to scout the talent."

"Sooo. What's he like?" Shane wondered.

"Well. He's definitely got potential. He's still rough around the edges, but he's improving. I think he could be a future star in the WWF."

Shane pushed on. "Anything else?"

"Okay. He's quite the gentleman. He's sweet, charming. Not to mention very attractive." she says softly as John's face popped up in her head.

She's starts having an image of her and John slow dancing.

Staring into his eyes, smiling.

"YO! STEPHANIE!" she heard her brother shout, snapping her out of her daydream.

Realizing Shane was still on the phone she knew she was blushing.

"Sorry."

"Thought I lost you there for a second."

"So what were you saying?"

"Is there anything going on between you two?" Shane asked, sounding curious.

Stephanie felt shocked by Shane's question.

"No. Of course not. I'm still dating Paul Levesque."

"Do mom and dad know?"

"No. I've been meaning to tell them, but I'm a bit nervous on how they'd react." she confessed.

"I don't blame you. They can still be a bit overprotective."

They chatted for a bit longer before Shane realized he has to get going.

"Hey. I've got to go. Before I do though, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Stephanie wondered.

"Just be careful around John. You never know what he might be capable of."

"Shane. I appreciate your concern. But I really don't need you protecting me all the time." she said, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Hey. Don't come after me like that. Just being the caring brother I've always been."

Stephanie couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah you're right. I'm sorry. And I appreciate it." "Look I better go. I'll call you, mom and dad when I make it to Manhattan."

"Okay. You take care Steph."

She hung up, sat down on her bed.

She lets out a sigh. She's a bit conflicted on where her heart lies.

She's still dating Paul Levesque. Sure they've been having issues lately, but she still loves him.

So there's no way she could be falling in love with John Cena.

But yet whenever she talks to him she could feel a spark between them.

She's not sure if John feels the same spark she does.

She didn't want to think about it too much. She needs to get some sleep so she could get up early.